New PicoATX and ~FlexATX sized GAN PSUs from HDPlex

Dogzilla07

Summary

Finally the new HDPLEX PSUs are coming. The 250W GAN passive one looks really nice in PicoATX adjacent size format (and can be linked in parallel for 2x250W), and the Upcoming also new format 500W fanned is promising as well.

spacer.png 

spacer.pngspacer.png

HDPlex announced what it claims to be the world's smallest ATX power supply. Measuring 170 mm x 50 mm x 25 mm, this internal PSU is smaller than most 100 W-class laptop power-bricks, but packs a surprising 250 W of power output that's sufficient for most HTPC builds. The PSU uses highly efficient GaN FETs in its switching circuitry, to achieve its power density, with the company claiming 94% efficiency.

My thoughts

The new formats are really interesting, it's only a shame the both te small format and the long format, are both longer than FlexATX PSUs :(. But these ones are quite slimmer, and smaller in size, which looks really promising. Much easier to work in current <5L cases, and extreme promise for future <5L cases and 5-10L cases as well with all the extra room.

Sources

https://www.techpowerup.com/295260/hdplex-intros-worlds-smallest-atx-psu

While this is nice and all, if I were building a very compact system, I'll probably look at thin itx boards instead

But I guess having a GPU is nice

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

So this reminds me of that 240W gan charger that was demoed.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |