Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

trying to update BIOS "This app can't run on your PC"

atavax
 Share

I download the bios update from Gigabyte and extract it. Run the application, it says don't run, I put run anways and then it says this app can't run on your PC. I double check, it says X570S AORUS MASTER in dxdiag and that's the motherboard i downloaded a bios update for.. The only thing that doesn't exactly 100% match is the Gigabyte sites says X570S AORUS MASTER (rev 1.0) but that is the only version of the X570S AORUS MASTER on their site, which i know i have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, atavax said:

I download the bios update from Gigabyte and extract it. Run the application, it says don't run, I put run anways and then it says this app can't run on your PC. I double check, it says X570S AORUS MASTER in dxdiag and that's the motherboard i downloaded a bios update for.. The only thing that doesn't exactly 100% match is the Gigabyte sites says X570S AORUS MASTER (rev 1.0) but that is the only version of the X570S AORUS MASTER on their site, which i know i have.

Is it an exe file? Don't update from within windows. Bios update programs have a tendancy to brick systems. It's better to download the bios fil itself and update through the bios. The exact procedure will vary, but it usually involves copying the bios file to the root of a flash drive and then following the prompts in the bios.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Is it an exe file? Don't update from within windows. Bios update programs have a tendancy to brick systems. It's better to download the bios fil itself and update through the bios. The exact procedure will vary, but it usually involves copying the bios file to the root of a flash drive and then following the prompts in the bios.

for file type, the one i'm trying to run says application for file type. There are 4 files in the folder. An 

name: autoexec type: windows batch file size 1 KB  

name Efiflash type application size 103KB

name X57SAOMA.F4d type F4D File 32,768 KB (F4D) is the version of the bios

name readme text document "

Usage :
    efiflash [Input or Output File Name] [Command]..

   Switch options for Efiflash.exe:
    /C - Clear DMI data. (default: Keep DMI data)
    /S - Save Original BIOS Image to Disk
    /R - Reboot System after BIOS Update
    /DB- Update both main & backup BIOS

"

is the X57SAOMA.F4d  the file that i would want to put on a flash drive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, atavax said:

for file type, the one i'm trying to run says application for file type. There are 4 files in the folder. An 

name: autoexec type: windows batch file size 1 KB  

name Efiflash type application size 103KB

name X57SAOMA.F4d type F4D File 32,768 KB (F4D) is the version of the bios

name readme text document "

Usage :
    efiflash [Input or Output File Name] [Command]..

   Switch options for Efiflash.exe:
    /C - Clear DMI data. (default: Keep DMI data)
    /S - Save Original BIOS Image to Disk
    /R - Reboot System after BIOS Update
    /DB- Update both main & backup BIOS

"

is the X57SAOMA.F4d  the file that i would want to put on a flash drive?

Yes. Put that file on a flash drive and use the BIOS flash utility within the bios to perform the flash. 

PSU Tier List Thread | Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Corsair HX1200 PSU

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×