Future-Proof/Compatible Computer with a Budget of $1000-1200

Budget (including currency): $1000-1200

Other Details:

I am brand new to building a PC and am looking to build a PC that is future compatible as much as possible. I intend to use it for games like CK3, Dwarf Fortress or modded Skyrim, as well as Photoshop, Blender, sound and music editing, CAD programs of various sorts, programing(Python, C++, etc), and Trading. I am planning to use a Linux OS and to take it with me into College and beyond. I don't care at all about aesthetics, and only want to get as much bang for my buck as possible. It would be nice if the Wi-Fi system is external because I intend to build a faraday cage into the case. Having extra slots and places to jack stuff into, on the Motherboard, would be extremely useful for future additions. I do currently have a number of old 1 terabyte Seagate harddrives and plan to integrate them on top of the SSD, etc. I also have plenty of spare old computer fans and heatsinks and would happily use them, if they can be used. Thank you very much and have a excellent day(or night).

It's so the G-men don't read their brain waves through their computer, man... *takes another toke*

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

19 minutes ago, MadMunchkin said:

I intend to build a faraday cage into the case.

The case is already intended to be more or less a faraday cage, this is just kinda unnecessary. If you were planning on making a faraday cage you were planning on using as a case, that would look kinda sick (all the ESD benefits of a case with all the cooling and aesthetic benefits of an open air case), though it is completely unnecessary unless you were planning on using your computer outside during a thunderstorm. 

Currently, the best bang-for-the-buck is Intel 12th gen. For the GPU, 6650XT should do the job great. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gbDYd9

Unless you're going to be upgrading to a new CPU from the same generation and soon, I wouldn't worry about future compatibility too much. For budget, Ryzen 5000 series and DDR4 is better, but to upgrade to the new Ryzen 7000s when they come out will require new motherboard and RAM. The 12th gen Intel boards will *probably* be compatible with 13th gen CPUs, but only if you get DDR5, which is significantly more money for not a lot of performance increase. Being able to use more of your budget for a good GPU that you won't need to upgrade for a while is probably a better idea.