Hi. I need recommendations for a webcam for fast-paced, online movement classes (Hip-hop, rave & similar street styles).

Hi. I need recommendations for a webcam for potentially quite fast-paced, online movement classes (Hip-hop, rave & similar street styles).

It basically needs to catch fast paced routines with fast footwork; frame rate is more important than frame resolution but high definition would be a nice extra.

I'm guessing the streaming speed is going to be a factor? Should I start there?

The classes are going to be hosted via Microsoft Teams.

I don't know know anything about streaming, bitrate etc. but I'm guessing that's a potential bottleneck; if necessary I can contact the IP and find out what I'm working with.

Help would be very appreciated. The first class is at the end of the first week of May, so I have to move relatively quickly to get it all set up. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Teams is limited to a maximum of 30 FPS. So I don’t think you would benefit from higher frame rate camera.

As for a camera, I would recommend the Logitech C922. It supports 720@60 and 1080@30.

I own the C920 and the quality is excellent. From what I know, the C922 is almost the same as C920 but with the capability to record at 60 FPS.

43 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

The first class is at the end of the first week of May

June?

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

15 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Teams is limited to a maximum of 30 FPS. So I don’t think you would benefit from higher frame rate camera.

As for a camera, I would recommend the Logitech C922. It supports 720@60 and 1080@30.

I own the C920 and the quality is excellent. From what I know, the C922 is almost the same as C920 but with the capability to record at 60 FPS.

June?

Brilliant, thanks, and yeah, sorry: end of the first week of June. 😊 

The 30 FPS limit makes things a lot simpler. 

I'll contact the course vender just to verify, but will probably go for the C922. 👍 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2