Fan hub I can use?

XxRescueRabbitxX

Hi there! So I only have one fan header on my mobo for some case fans. I'm going to put some Noctua P14's redux's and P12's redux's in my case. Maybe 2 P14's and 1 P12 for the time being but I wanna add more in the future. 

But I need a fan hub for them and I'm not sure what the best fan hub I can use is for the Noctua ones. 

I was looking at the Artic one but it says something about only affecting the first fan slot?

34 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Hi there! So I only have one fan header on my mobo for some case fans. I'm going to put some Noctua P14's redux's and P12's redux's in my case. Maybe 2 P14's and 1 P12 for the time being but I wanna add more in the future. 

But I need a fan hub for them and I'm not sure what the best fan hub I can use is for the Noctua ones. 

I was looking at the Artic one but it says something about only affecting the first fan slot?

Well since you only have one board connector (sure you don’t have more? 2 is sort of a minimum)  Everything is fan1

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Well since you only have one board connector (sure you don’t have more? 2 is sort of a minimum)  Everything is fan1

My boards pretty old. I have one for the CPU iswell if that's what you're meaning bit otherwise just the one for case fans. And I'm wanting to put 5 in there eventually but can only afford 3 at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

My boards pretty old. I have one for the CPU iswell if that's what you're meaning bit otherwise just the one for case fans. And I'm wanting to put 5 in there eventually but can only afford 3 at the moment. 

Wasn’t including the system fan.  Apparently the amperage of a fan hub can support either 2 or 3 fans depending on who you talk to.  You’re going to have to run a controller off. Molex or sata or something and use the motherboard fan connector for control.  If you want to run the fans at different speeds from each other it may require resister cables to slow down the slow fans.  That can get expensive, and control is limited.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wasn’t including the system fan.  Apparently the amperage of a fan hub can support either 2 or 3 fans depending on who you talk to.  You’re going to have to run a controller off. Molex or sata or something and use the motherboard fan connector for control.  If you want to run the fans at different speeds from each other it may require resister cables to slow down the slow fans.  That can get expensive, and control is limited.

Well there is the Artic fan hub that can do 10 that connects via SATA but idk if that fan hub is any good for Noctua ones.

3 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Well there is the Artic fan hub that can do 10 that connects via SATA but idk if that fan hub is any good for Noctua ones.

Any fan hub (as opposed to rgb hub) will work if it’s got enough pins in its sockets.  I’m assuming all your fans are 4 pin, correct?

8 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

The fan speed is only reported from 1 fan. That fan header on the splitter has the rpm pin. 

A normal 3-way fan splitter would work fine if you just want 3 fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.