Can I do a Fiverr gig editing images?

VirusDumb

So I'm in my late teens, and I want to do something, which I could do at my free time and make some extra money which I was hoping to save up to buy a new PC, but I also need to attend my school and focus on my studies so I can get a real job, I wish to become a game developer, and I want to study software engineering later on in my life. So the thing which I want to do now should be something I could do at my free time without leaving my home, after a lot of thinking I realised that I don't have any real skills, except one thing, making memes. I had 2 memepages, which I had opened on Instagram when I was bored during the pandemic, and I was pretty good at it too, I got over 1.5k followers uploading memes I made on my phone on the first account(which I quit after sometime to focus on my boards, and then opened a second account which is still growing) some of my content ended up in the videos of some big youtubers, I got pretty good at editing surreal stuff using kinemaster and PicsArt. So I thought if I could become a video editor, but for that I need a good PC and some experience with more complex editors (as kinemaster is simple and limited in terms of things you can do with it), so I wonder can I do a Fiverr gig editing images, I've been making surreal images using PicsArt for memes, here are some stuff I made

My pfps:PicsArt_08-31-12_19_08.thumb.jpg.9fc6223129d73c0e0550c7f5fdd8781c.jpg

PicsArt_05-13-04_34_21.thumb.jpg.b24b7a29248b06a93652c1b2dabe8500.jpg

Some surreal things to express some loneliness:PicsArt_11-28-11_40_47.jpg.ea9383a934240d9be028f04a3affbb7f.jpg

PicsArt_10-30-03_28_23.thumb.jpg.7a2aa2adb81e566fe3456786773e82b1.jpg

Picsart_22-01-15_22-25-34-156.jpg.f745b028adc158f71d0f31596d721c0b.jpg

Some memes:

Picsart_22-04-11_14-27-45-358.jpg.f3524af9df7ba2728eab12a3aa5514f1.jpgPicsart_22-01-16_21-46-15-893.jpg.5327b991090dcf1111e24b5f400a84e7.jpg

Picsart_22-02-06_17-08-50-576.jpg.864b3ad4156b15f1217336fc9b66dfda.jpg

PicsArt_11-26-07_27_19.jpg.609e772c1c88b9cf39650e5e942e29ce.jpg

PicsArt_12-14-09_07_47.jpg.75cca5b0128b5afd9a56bde0f6bc17b5.jpg

So I was wondering, will someone with a sane brain pay to get some surreal pictures like these made for something?

If art is a path you want to pursue, I'd recommend subscribing to the $10 "photography" bundle of Adobe Creative Cloud. For some reason it's half the cost of subscribing to Photoshop on its own. Photoshop is the industry standard, so learning and becoming proficient with it will be more helpful in the long run than messing around with freebie mobile apps.

If you just want to dabble, you might want to get better software with more capabilities. GiMP and Paint.NET are both free.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:09 PM, Needfuldoer said:

If art is a path you want to pursue, I'd recommend subscribing to the $10 "photography" bundle of Adobe Creative Cloud. For some reason it's half the cost of subscribing to Photoshop on its own. Photoshop is the industry standard, so learning and becoming proficient with it will be more helpful in the long run than messing around with freebie mobile apps.

If you just want to dabble, you might want to get better software with more capabilities. GiMP and Paint.NET are both free.

With Affinity having a 50% sale currently, there is absolutely no point in giving any money to Adobe. You can get a lifetime licence for either Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer for only 3 months worth of throwing your money into the Adobe firepit.

They also have a huge community, and as they are really close to Adobe products feature wise, you can follow all Adobe tutorials for those programs too.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

41 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

With Affinity having a 50% sale currently, there is absolutely no point in giving any money to Adobe. You can get a lifetime licence for either Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer for only 3 months worth of throwing your money into the Adobe firepit.

They also have a huge community, and as they are really close to Adobe products feature wise, you can follow all Adobe tutorials for those programs too.

interesting!  but wouldn't i need affinity designer *and* affinity photo (if i was to do what op does, or similar)?

Which i kind of do... i just don't really make memes, just photo editing/  graphical designs... with GIMP! currently,  which really isnt all that great for certain stuff, pretty good for other stuff...

Also it's incompatible with many modding tools, which i suspect affinity not being any different (could be wrong though of course)

So whats the difference,  designer/photo? Why do i have the feeling i need both? 😅

random example of some stuff I do mostly (at the moment) 

Spoiler

doa6phase4xghjwj.thumb.jpg.37411b08a4ebd20c474dd956097c2215.jpg

IMG_20220503_020500.thumb.jpg.df632b63f185ef646b46b9147fcf813d.jpg

IMG_20220430_095007.thumb.jpg.f60a6b38b7ec010dce30e4807ea360d3.jpg

IMG_20220430_095101.thumb.jpg.8b18fc34920b71ae336f9fdca44a8d06.jpg

win10exlogo_003xx2vhapzjww.thumb.png.7a051d9308576a45811238aafaec74f2.png

... really random examples,  most of this goes barely as concepts lol...

IMG_20220517_154749.jpg.1f7b0af7af358c44af09bb525d3f0ffe.jpg

Tldr: i need transparent PNGs (the ones used here aren't made by me sadly) and lots of options for manipulation etc (especially text also)... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

interesting!  but wouldn't i need affinity designer *and* affinity photo (if i was to do what op does, or similar)?

Which i kind of do... i just don't really make memes, just photo editing/  graphical designs... with GIMP! currently,  which really isnt all that great for certain stuff, pretty good for other stuff...

Also it's incompatible with many modding tools, which i suspect affinity not being any different (could be wrong though of course)

So whats the difference,  designer/photo? Why do i have the feeling i need both? 😅

random example of some stuff I do mostly (at the moment) 

Reveal hidden contents

doa6phase4xghjwj.thumb.jpg.37411b08a4ebd20c474dd956097c2215.jpg

IMG_20220503_020500.thumb.jpg.df632b63f185ef646b46b9147fcf813d.jpg

IMG_20220430_095007.thumb.jpg.f60a6b38b7ec010dce30e4807ea360d3.jpg

IMG_20220430_095101.thumb.jpg.8b18fc34920b71ae336f9fdca44a8d06.jpg

... really random examples,  most of this goes barely as concepts lol...

IMG_20220517_154749.jpg.1f7b0af7af358c44af09bb525d3f0ffe.jpg

Tldr: i need transparent PNGs (the ones used here aren't made by me sadly) and lots of options for manipulation etc (especially text also)... 

I would start out with Affinity photo, it does pretty much everything the Affinity designer does, but it has a pixel display instead of vector, so you can't infinitely scroll into your art.

As far as modding or whatever goes, it supports Photoshop plugins just fine, I have set up a couple different ones, for example the free Google Nik collection works fine. I have tried a few community created macros too.

I would recommend starting up with the Affinity Photo, as you can do everything in that program, it is Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time, compared to Adobe products.

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

I would start out with Affinity photo, it does pretty much everything the Affinity designer does, but it has a pixel display instead of vector, so you can't infinitely scroll into your art.

As far as modding or whatever goes, it supports Photoshop plugins just fine, I have set up a couple different ones, for example the free Google Nik collection works fine. I have tried a few community created macros too.

I would recommend starting up with the Affinity Photo, as you can do everything in that program, it is Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time, compared to Adobe products.

Ah ok thanks.

What about transparent PNGs especially? it's possible to do in GIMP.... but its so difficult...

The automatic photoshop thing (online) is pretty good... but its also not perfect, although its so good it should be easy to clean up afterwards. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ah ok thanks.

What about transparent PNGs especially? it's possible to do in GIMP.... but its so difficult...

The automatic photoshop thing (online) is pretty good... but its also not perfect, although its so good it should be easy to clean up afterwards. 

Yeah, it is an image editor, you shouldn't have any problems with .png's lol. You just drag them in, and they have no background. And the auto selector is also quite good (you click on the subject, it selects it, then you click "refine"), so if you have a picture with a background, it is really easy to accurately delete that background.

9 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah, it is an image editor, you shouldn't have any problems with .png's lol. You just drag them in, and they have no background. And the auto selector is also quite good (you click on the subject, it selects it, then you click "refine"), so if you have a picture with a background, it is really easy to accurately delete that background.

I think he's on about actually MAKING the .png not just grabbing one of the net and using it.  I found Photoshop the only REAL answer to this

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

8 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Alright... Im still not quite sure if photo or designer (which has more options?) but Id probably go with photo...

Yeah, thats the problem with GIMP, you can do that but the controls are so difficult and unintuitive to me... 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

I think he's on about actually MAKING the .png not just grabbing one of the net and using it.  I found Photoshop the only REAL answer to this

Stop with this adobe propaganda PLEASE. I have taken design classes for 5+ years, they force you to use Adobe programs due to shady deals, BUT any program is the REAL answer to it. Any program can input/output transparent background.

Look at affinity photo. It is basically a photoshop clone, only that it is much more fully featured, as it also has Adobe illustrator built in, and it can export in whatever formats.

Heck, you can even open and export .psd files with it.

There is no reason to ever support adobe, now that they have removed lfietime licences, i still have a ps6 licence from back in the day, but i don't use it anymorel as Affinity Photo is just so much superior.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Alright... Im still not quite sure if photo or designer (which has more options?) but Id probably go with photo...

Yeah, thats the problem with GIMP, you can do that but the controls are so difficult and unintuitive to me... 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I recommend starting out with photo, as it has by far the most features, as it is Photoshop and Illustrator in one.

Affinity designer is basically Illustrator, so it is better if you mainly want to do vector arts, or draw your own things, so by your description the Photo sounds more suitable to your needs.

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Stop with this adobe propaganda PLEASE.

You can't tell me i'm wrong. It's the conclusion what i've come to with my experience and opinion.  Stop trying to tell someone with a different opinion to you that they're wrong.  It's just that..an opinion

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

You can't tell me i'm wrong. It's the conclusion what i've come to with my experience and opinion.  Stop trying to tell someone with a different opinion to you that they're wrong.  It's just that..an opinion

I just can't really understand the tone of your first message, with SOME WORDS in caps-locks, like you were YELLING at ME. Came across as mocking or making fun.

So this is not just an .... OPINION. Kinda weird to just yell some words like that.

13 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

I recommend starting out with photo, as it has by far the most features, as it is Photoshop and Illustrator in one.

Affinity designer is basically Illustrator, so it is better if you mainly want to do vector arts, or draw your own things, so by your description the Photo sounds more suitable to your needs.

I see. well i *want* to do both, but drawing/ making stuff from scratch probably isnt my strength... im pretty terrible at drawing for one lol, but if i can do a little bit of both in affinity photo that would be perfect i guess...

23 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

I think he's on about actually MAKING the .png not just grabbing one of the net and using it

Yeah, pretty much... like not from scratch but just out of random pictures etc... id also like to do them from scratch, but thats a whole lot more difficult...

And i definitely noticed with the adobe online thing that it has great results... until you look closer... its not perfect,  Im not sure a perfect program exists,  i mean it may work perfectly for some things, but you'll end up having to clean up for other things (from the looks of it) 

As for from scratch, I cant really draw, i wouldn't even know how to start for something like this for example... 

fate_grand_order___jeanne_d_arc_render_3_by_dk_nb_de4smy4.thumb.png.d8c4bcf67e5d441054f7755a42b9d6ca.png

I guess something like blender would work too, but that typically looks kind of unnatural... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I see. well i *want* to do both, but drawing/ making stuff from scratch probably isnt my strength... im pretty terrible at drawing for one lol, but if i can do a little bit of both in affinity photo that would be perfect i guess...

Yeah, pretty much... like not from scratch but just out of random pictures etc... id also like to do them from scratch, but thats a whole lot more difficult...

And i definitely noticed with the adobe online thing that it has great results... until you look closer... its not perfect,  Im not sure a perfect program exists,  i mean it may work perfectly for some things, but you'll end up having to clean up for other things (from the looks of it) 

As for from scratch, I cant really draw, i wouldn't even know how to start for something like this for example... 

I guess something like blender would work too, but that typically looks kind of unnatural... 

If you want to do both, as I said, Affinity Photo. I has all the basic drawing tools too.

But just download it. It has 14 days no limits trial period, which is completely free, no credit card, no nothing. So try to follow a few tutorials and see if the program is for you.

14 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah, pretty much... like not from scratch but just out of random pictures etc

Yeah i know what you're doing man