Budget (including currency): $3000 USD aprox

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:
Sketchup 2022
Enscape 3.3
Revit 2022
Twinmotion 2022
Photoshop 2022
Adobe Ilustraitor

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Upgrading from this current build:
Intel I5 7500

RX 580 8GB

32GB 3000Mhz DDR4

CV 650W Corsair 80+ bronze

I'm not looking to go max out with this build, since I know that almost any new gen cpu/gpu would be a big jump in performance already compared to my current build. (primary reason on why I don't plan to try and get my hands on a Quadro card at all). But I do want to get into working with RTX for my projects.

As for the current parts I picked up after considering the workload and my budget (plus what I can get my hands on locally since import is a no-go) are the following:

•     CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
  •     Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
  •     CPU Cooler: Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 /  Corsair H115i AIO / NZXT Kraken z53 AIO
  •     RAM: keep my current Corsair Vengenance 32GB 3000mhz kit and maybe get another 32GB kit later down the line
  •     GPU: RTX ASUS 3080 V2 10GB / RTX 3070TI
  •     PSU: EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum / Gigabyte 1000w 80+ Gold (found them both at a very similar price locally)

My biggest concerns with this build are

Is that a good motherboard to pair with the R9?

Would an air cooler be sufficient with a case with decent airflow? (probably will end up with something similar to a Phanteks Eclipse P400a for a case)

Would swapping the R9 5900X for an I7 12700k give me somewhat similar performance and is it worth it if I can get them for more or less the same price?

Thanks for reading and if you have any input about the build is appreciated.

Edited by FZerker
added a new question at the bottom

“Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”

Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea

That motherboard should be fine.

All of those coolers should be sufficient, with the x53 probably being the weakest just due to the smaller radiator.  Air cooling is fine, just make sure it's a decent one as those are some hot chips.  A FUMA 2 is never a bad choice.

IDK about the current versions, but for a while Adobe was leveraging iGPUs pretty heavily for real-time scrubbing so the 12600k or 12700 non-k may be viable.   

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

• 2 weeks later...

There were some slight changes to the whole build due to availability in my country and such, but ended up being a nice build overall.

Biggest changes were the CPU and Motherboard.

CPU: Intel i5 12600k

Motherboard: Asus prime Z690-P WIFI D4

GPU: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 3070TI 8GB

RAM:Corsair Vengenance pro 32GB kit 3200mhz (set to 3000mhz since I did not have time to check if maybe a bios update would make the pc boot with no stability issues)

PSU: Corsair RM 850X

CASE: Corsair 5000D (way bigger than needed for this build but loved the case)

Some pics from the build below, I did hate how the PCIE cable from this PSU looked like but I can get over it, also due to the size of the case it might have been better to place the PSU fan upwards to see if that way I could do a better cable management job with the 8pin CPU connector.

And the one that hurt me the most is the USB3 cable for the front panel, the placement it had on the MB was sooo bad with the cut outs that the case had prepared that the cable had to be sticking out like a sore thumb.

Benchmarks were positive, expected performance from what I saw online for both the cpu and gpu. Thermals were also great under load. CPU barely scratched the 51 C mark and GPU stood strong just 1 degree shy of 65 C. All this was done at room temperature (winter atm so it was around 18 C).

image.png.b4eff547bdb7bb19c72c57e2435b6291.png

image.png.50f11a3702bf7b1bc3f9598da2b2374a.png
image.thumb.png.4302ffc0f8cc65df2fa4e0c4874faecc.png
image.thumb.png.4153a8cd38f46217cacfeb85934be629.pngimage.thumb.png.6005a31348340d15d86b26fa68decaef.png

“Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”

Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea