Guy I’m new to building pc but can anyone take a look and check if it’s ok for does thing need changing

MANSA

is it worth it or do thing need changing 

this pc if for gaming also code and cyber security and if it can do virtual machines DE6700A8-DAE5-43FB-BD8C-90C483720BDF.thumb.png.4707e205f2c2b887da07de6846d2f5d8.png

8EA1F8D2-EE33-4C2F-B667-C739DAB0D6B8.png

Not the way I would do it.  I actually dislike rgb though.  The memory may be overpriced.  Dominator platinum tends to be. Also the 5600 just doesn’t run hot enough to need water.  To some degree it becomes what do you want to pay for a look though.  The case is $50 too high for me, but if you want that case it doesn’t strike me as particularly excessive for that case. I’m a $40 case and how l cheap an air cooler can I get away with kind of guy though.  One idea which will be situationally dependent but applies to any scenario is a 5600x comes with a cooler you apparently won’t be using.  You might be able to get a tray cpu with no boxed cooler for a bit less cash. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, cat milker said:

Definitely get a bigger power supply. You also don't need a 360mm rad for a 5600x chip.

heres a better build---->https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vpKxgb

OOhh. Yes definitely not enough power for that gpu!  A 750 or even an 850w might be more in keeping just because all the modern video cards are spikey.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, MANSA said:

is it worth it or do thing need changing 

this pc if for gaming also code and cyber security and if it can do virtual machines DE6700A8-DAE5-43FB-BD8C-90C483720BDF.thumb.png.4707e205f2c2b887da07de6846d2f5d8.png

8EA1F8D2-EE33-4C2F-B667-C739DAB0D6B8.png

That configuration is complete ass, 82£ for a pathetic 550w bronze psu and 124£ for a qlc non gen4 ssd? XD

Same goes for garbage b die or straight up non b die corsair dominator, theyre trash too, a few £ more and you get 32gb

And 170£ for an excessive aio is just dumb aswell

Get a 5900x + 32gb ram pref. Though idk your budget

33 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

That configuration is complete ass, 82£ for a pathetic 550w bronze psu and 124£ for a qlc non gen4 ssd? XD

Same goes for garbage b die or straight up non b die corsair dominator, theyre trash too, a few £ more and you get 32gb

And 170£ for an excessive aio is just dumb aswell

Get a 5900x + 32gb ram pref. Though idk your budget

That could be argued to be no better.  It would make his heat problems worse and the single thread isn’t all that much better.  I personally don’t understand 5900s at all except for specific use stuff.  The 32gb of ram could also be potentially slower.  Ignoring actual speed, It becomes a question of how much the added caching will get you vs how much slower a 4 stick machine is than a 2stick one.  Could be an argument for 2 16gb sticks though over 2 8s. It could be 16x1 though which would have single channel problems.  A 12600f (non k) on an h series board using the included stock cooler would be the bang/Buck solution.  H series boards can have really serious issues at the low end, and at the high end one is often better served by a mid tier b board.  Might even be enough savings to bump to a 6800xt

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

A 12600f (non k) on an h series board using the included stock cooler would be the bang/Buck solution

12600 non k has no e cores but im assuming you are reffering to the 12400f or the 12600kf?

H series boards can have really serious issues at the low end, and at the high end one is often better served by a mid tier b board

Actually if you go more expensive might aswell go straight to a z board if you are within z board territory pricing wise, though midrange b660 looks ok if you focus on i/o

The 32gb of ram could also be potentially slower.  Ignoring actual speed, It becomes a question of how much the added caching will get you vs how much slower a 4 stick machine is than a 2stick one

How would 32gb be slower tho? If its the same speed, same amount of ranks, etc. Then how (other than subtimings)? I was reffering to 16x2 not 4x8 since 4x8 has horrid overclock ability, though apparently ryzen can benifit from a 4 stick config

It would make his heat problems worse and the single thread isn’t all that much better

Uhhhh heat problems? Are you mixing up your threads or am i being stupid and missing something?

5900x + 32gb ram is more of a futureproofing choice, 12700 is equivalent to a 5900x while having superior single core so you are right going with intel assuming the boards arent overpriced to sht

28 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

12600 non k has no e cores but im assuming you are reffering to the 12400f or the 12600kf?

Actually if you go more expensive might aswell go straight to a z board if you are within z board territory pricing wise, though midrange b660 looks ok if you focus on i/o

How would 32gb be slower tho? If its the same speed, same amount of ranks, etc. Then how (other than subtimings)? I was reffering to 16x2 not 4x8 since 4x8 has horrid overclock ability, though apparently ryzen can benifit from a 4 stick config

Uhhhh heat problems? Are you mixing up your threads or am i being stupid and missing something?

5900x + 32gb ram is more of a futureproofing choice, 12700 is equivalent to a 5900x while having superior single core so you are right going with intel assuming the boards arent overpriced to sht

Re eCores:

Neither does a 5600k. It’s all big cores.  Is there not such a thing as a 12600f then?  

re: memory

the saying is “2 racehorses or 4 oxen”.  4 sticks can slow things down. One can get 16gb sticks so there’s still 2 though.  More memory absolutely can make more faster, because in modern OSes spare memory can get used as cache.  If one already has fast storage though the amount of bump can be reduced.  Also when you get high enough on the overkill memory level there are diminishing returns. Gaming machines need just a whit over 8 gig to do their thing without too much swap (page file)  so with 16gb there’s a bunch already.  Often doubling 16gb doesn’t do a whole lot.  It’s situational though. 

re: heat

i have no idea what I was thinking there.  A 5900 would make a bit more sense with that gigantaur cooler though it’s strictly speaking not really needed.  Perhaps I was referencing the size of the cooler or the wattage increase from the 5600 to a 5900 the price is over double, but in May cases the performance isn’t that different (there are cases where it is of course)

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Neither does a 5600k. It’s all big cores.  Is there not such a thing as a 12600f then?  

I dont think there is a 12600f, 5600x atleast clocks higher than a 12400 so it seems to perform slightly faster. I usually avoid the 12400 since b450 + 5600x is usually the same price/cheaper, even if you go 5600 you can just oc or turn on pbo to match the 5600x

For this budget id reccomend a 12700 cause futureproofing

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

the saying is “2 racehorses or 4 oxen”.  4 sticks can slow things down. One can get 16gb sticks so there’s still 2 though

And them racehorses that are single rank with actually decent ics like micron rev e/b/j, hynix djr, samsung b die, etc. Those go even faster, 5000mhz is possible on some binned rev e/b and b die, heck neo even got some 5000 cl19 neo forza djr kits, mostly useless for ryzen due to the performance penalty but you clock the things fast enough that performance hit can be overcome

56 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I dont think there is a 12600f, 5600x atleast clocks higher than a 12400 so it seems to perform slightly faster. I usually avoid the 12400 since b450 + 5600x is usually the same price/cheaper, even if you go 5600 you can just oc or turn on pbo to match the 5600x

For this budget id reccomend a 12700 cause futureproofing

And them racehorses that are single rank with actually decent ics like micron rev e/b/j, hynix djr, samsung b die, etc. Those go even faster, 5000mhz is possible on some binned rev e/b and b die, heck neo even got some 5000 cl19 neo forza djr kits, mostly useless for ryzen due to the performance penalty but you clock the things fast enough that performance hit can be overcome

There might be room.  The 5800x is a lot more expensive than the 5600x. getting a better PSU is only another $40 though, while it’s pretty easy to knock $100 or more off that overkill cooler so that’s $60 or more right there.

lI’m not convinced the 12600k won’t wind up being futureproof though.  It depends a lot on what stuff can run on those “eCores”.  An unknown currently.  Right now it’s “not a lot” and no games.  Right now games run fine on 6/12 though. Perhaps by the time 8/16 is really needed the whole bigLITTLE thing will be usable for games

The 5800x has a lot in common with a 12700, partially because the Z series motherboards aren’t very useful for that chip, so B or H is fine.  
I do kinda wonder if there are any decent A series boards. The biggest problem there seems to be with A series is inadequate VRM, but a 5600 doesn’t need much VRM.