Dual booting pop_os and windows 11

Go to solution Solved by Lightwreather,

It should be an option in the installer…

That said I haven't touch Pop!_OS for a while so,  I could be wrong, but booting it up and using the live image shouldn't do anything. And as always, use the live session to make sure everything works fine.

I own a 2017 Hp 15.6' notebook, idk the exact name, (who does) It's running Windows 11 and I don't want to risk losing any information, is there a way to SAFLEY dual boot Pop_OS and Windows 11?

It should be an option in the installer…

That said I haven't touch Pop!_OS for a while so,  I could be wrong, but booting it up and using the live image shouldn't do anything. And as always, use the live session to make sure everything works fine.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

windows 10's update process would love to break if you have any sort of dual-boot system interrupting the boot process with a boot menu, i highly doubt they fixed that with win11.

the easy way out is to have your POPos install on a separate disk (if the laptop allows this), and stick the boot loader on a USB drive. that way it *cant* interfere with windows' operations, and allows you to select which OS simply by booting from USB.

depending on the exact model of HP, you could use the UEFI boot menu for this too, but that's hardly a smooth experience.