external gpu server

Hello ever body 

I have a question about the 60.000 dollar server.

My dad wants to use my 3070 from his laptop external like in the video to calculate fast instead of his laptop gpu who's bad.

how do i do that and still be able to use Windows and game on it and he calculate stuff via ethernet.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Alexdiffrent said:

calculate fast

What type of calculations? Is this for ML? Video editing? Renering? Other cuda programs?

You can't really just have a remote gpu over a network, but the best solution here is probably to remote into your laptop with a program like parsec

Your post is hardly understandable but from what I understand, you want to be able to use your 3070 to do gaming and "calculations" at the same time while separating each user. Its not easy to do what you are trying to do. It can be done by virtualizing the graphics card BUT if one VM is using all of GPUs processing power, other will suffer. Something like this is what you need to do.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

34 minutes ago, Alexdiffrent said:

I have a question about the 60.000 dollar server.

what 60.000 server? you want to build one?

35 minutes ago, Alexdiffrent said:

My dad wants to use my 3070 from his laptop external like in the video to calculate fast instead of his laptop gpu who's bad.

you can render a video from another computer, it's possible.

36 minutes ago, Alexdiffrent said:

how do i do that and still be able to use Windows and game on it and he calculate stuff via ethernet.

if someone is using your GPU, you cant run game on it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

18 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What type of calculations? Is this for ML? Video editing? Renering? Other cuda programs?

You can't really just have a remote gpu over a network, but the best solution here is probably to remote into your laptop with a program like parsec

Hello
my dad wants to calculated some python and c++
thank you

17 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

what 60.000 server? you want to build one?

you can render a video from another computer, it's possible.

if someone is using your GPU, you cant run game on it.

no I don't want to build one but I have a 3070 and that is stronger than a laptop gpu.
it is possible that he can do his calculations from his laptop. it doesn't have to be while gaming.

18 hours ago, Levent said:

Your post is hardly understandable but from what I understand, you want to be able to use your 3070 to do gaming and "calculations" at the same time while separating each user. Its not easy to do what you are trying to do. It can be done by virtualizing the graphics card BUT if one VM is using all of GPUs processing power, other will suffer. Something like this is what you need to do.

hello I now use translate to make it easier for you to read.
my father would like python and c++ to be calculated on my gpu instead of his laptops gpu.
he has to give my computer the task of calculating things from his laptop
thank you

19 minutes ago, Alexdiffrent said:

Hello
my dad wants to calculated some python and c++
thank you

What exact programs is he running? The best option is probably to run the program on the other system via ssh or remote desktop.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

What exact programs is he running? The best option is probably to run the program on the other system via ssh or remote desktop.

he use's annaconda

4 minutes ago, Alexdiffrent said:

he use's annaconda

Dependoning on how exactly hes using it, you can probably pretty easy run it remotly over ssh, or something like jupyter notebook hosted off the laptop

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Dependoning on how exactly hes using it, you can probably pretty easy run it remotly over ssh, or something like jupyter notebook hosted off the laptop

thanks

1 minute ago, Alexdiffrent said:

thanks

Should also be able to find a good amount of info googling this. Lots of people use cloud instances to do the work, and type on their laptops, and this would be a pretty simmilar workflow to that.