GPU not in device manager only on my one setup

AdamD13

I bought a used r9 270x gpu and it will fully work on my ryzen sytem that has no igpu but will not work on my i7 2600k system which is the one I need it to work on of course.  When it's in the i7 pc it will power on, fans spin, but it is not detected at all by windows and no signal output what so ever, it's nowhere to be found in the device manager even showing hidden items, when I run the driver installer it obviously sais nothing found can't install.  I've troubleshooted allot and can't even think of anything more to try really.  The I7 pc will work with a 2060 I have no issues but not with this r9 270.  Also the r9 270 works on the other system, so it's something with the i7+r9 270 combo that isn't agreeing.  It's a fresh install of windows and I've updated every driver I can find, I search in the bios for anything that will help, but there isn't alot to change, its a z77a g43 msi MB, with up to date bios.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm stuck, I thought about flashing the bios on the card to see if that would help but why would it work on a newer system.

Try a different PCIE slot on that board, there should be nothing in windows that would prevent you from seeing that gpu.

Are you trying to have a 2060 and r9  270 at the same time or just r9 270?

You should do a bios reset via jumper on the board and trying with r9.

Also make sure r9 has 8pin power connector plugged in.

11 hours ago, Marko Del Vechio said:

Try a different PCIE slot on that board, there should be nothing in windows that would prevent you from seeing that gpu.

Are you trying to have a 2060 and r9  270 at the same time or just r9 270?

You should do a bios reset via jumper on the board and trying with r9.

Also make sure r9 has 8pin power connector plugged in.

Yah, idk why it's not there it does not make sense at all, and I just want 1 gpu at a time.  I've tried the other slot before no luck, I know the top one works anyways the 2060 works there.  Did a bios reset, and the r9 requires 2 6pins and is getting it.  

For your board they recommend placing GPU in PCI_E2 SLOT,

What i would do is go to BIOS settings and Advanced tab.

Integrated graphics configuration

Set INITIATE GRAPHIC ADAPTER to PEG

And try that.

Also try lowering the PCIE to 2.0 ,

Check bios version and update if you are far behind the newest version.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z77A-G43/support#bios

6 hours ago, Marko Del Vechio said:

For your board they recommend placing GPU in PCI_E2 SLOT,

What i would do is go to BIOS settings and Advanced tab.

Integrated graphics configuration

Set INITIATE GRAPHIC ADAPTER to PEG

And try that.

Also try lowering the PCIE to 2.0 ,

Check bios version and update if you are far behind the newest version.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z77A-G43/support#bios

Thanks, but these are things I've already tried as well.  I've changed integrated to igp and peg no change, changed pci 3.0 setting form auto to disable the only other choice.  I've swapped around every setting in the bios to no luck.  The 2060 is recognized instantly and installs no problem with settings at defaults, the r9 nothing.  I came across uefi and non uefi i'm trying to look into that, because i know by ryzen sytem is actually in legacy non uefi and the card works on it.  Maybe i should install windows in non uefi?

18 minutes ago, AdamD13 said:

Thanks, but these are things I've already tried as well.  I've changed integrated to igp and peg no change, changed pci 3.0 setting form auto to disable the only other choice.  I've swapped around every setting in the bios to no luck.  The 2060 is recognized instantly and installs no problem with settings at defaults, the r9 nothing.  I came across uefi and non uefi i'm trying to look into that, because i know by ryzen sytem is actually in legacy non uefi and the card works on it.  Maybe i should install windows in non uefi?

Newer bioses have legacy compatibility mode for legacy devices, might try and find that setting.

Also update bios to newest version and check whats happening

9 minutes ago, Marko Del Vechio said:

Newer bioses have legacy compatibility mode for legacy devices, might try and find that setting.

Also update bios to newest version and check whats happening

It's on the newest bios, and on uefi+legacy in bios.  I'm wondering if changing the install to legacy will change anything. 

Well this might be dumb, but can you check gpu power cables? and make sure they are plugged all the way or change to other pcie cable from your psu,, Might be a bad connector? I really dont know at this point.

Also, can you try booting up with like only one stick of ram ? or change it completely if you have spare