I failed :'( what now?

SO i just bought £1000 ($1600) worth of components for a litecoin mining rig. the calculations I did before showed me that I'd be making $60 per week. However now I'm only making about $11.76 per week. My three R9 280x's are all underperforming at about 624KH/s. I don't know what to do now? Should I sell it on ebay? Will anyone buy it, I also spent $67 making a custom rack. Would ANYONE buy an item that expensive (£1110). I don't know what to do now :'( I'm looking into Gridseed miners as theyre cheaper and use far less power.. Any help or interest would mean the world to me. Thank you.

post-29065-0-40253400-1398177034_thumb.j

post-29065-0-04814600-1398177036_thumb.j

corsair carbide 300r with corsair quiet af120 fans | i5 4670k OC Genie'd @ 4GHz coolermaster hyper 212 evo w corsair sp120 quiet fanasus gtx 670 2gb direct cu2 edition |

msi z87 gd65 gaming mobo | Corsair AX 760 | 128gb samsung 840 pro ssd Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB

Peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech M705 | Razer Arctosa | Sennheiser HD 598 | Turtle Beach P11s round my neck (used as a mic)| Steelseries QCK Heavy | BenQ XL2430T

do exactly what your image is and flip a table and demand your money back
 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

CF all the 280x's and put them in your rig. Mining is no longer worth the hassle nor the money. But if you want to keep trying keep increasing your intensity until your mh stops going up

CF all the 280x's and put them in your rig. Mining is no longer worth the hassle nor the money. But if you want to keep trying keep increasing your intensity until your mh stops going up

CF? :S

corsair carbide 300r with corsair quiet af120 fans | i5 4670k OC Genie'd @ 4GHz coolermaster hyper 212 evo w corsair sp120 quiet fanasus gtx 670 2gb direct cu2 edition |

msi z87 gd65 gaming mobo | Corsair AX 760 | 128gb samsung 840 pro ssd Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB

Peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech M705 | Razer Arctosa | Sennheiser HD 598 | Turtle Beach P11s round my neck (used as a mic)| Steelseries QCK Heavy | BenQ XL2430T

You could put them in your computer. Why did you buy the Sapphire cards btw?

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

You could put them in your computer. Why did you buy the Sapphire cards btw?

<---

CF? :S

With what calculation did you make $60? and with what are you now making $11?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Between power consumption, more efficient non-GPU methods (mainly for Bitcoin as the other alt coins tend to be scrypt based, but that will change) the fact these 'coins' are no more valuable than a paper blowing in the wind vs actual precious metals such as gold (aka faith based worth vs actual worth) and mining going from some 'underground' thing to something government now wants regulated, the 'get rich quick' scheme of mining is dead. Use those cards how they were /meant/ to be used - rendering and gaming.

You are to late to mine LTC if you were mining a year ago you would have made more then now... and diff is way to high for 3 cards! i have a config of 4 7970 gpu's and does not make profit i mine now N-scrypt jane you will have to take a look @that now. do it before its to late! http://spa.dedicatedpool.com/ plus here is my config for the cards Use vertminer. always chek coinwarz.com before selling you're coins sell them @ the highest state of market value don't waist a coins value. plus convert them to BTC more a little more profit.

vertminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3372 -u user.1 -p x -v 1 -I 13 -w 256 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-powertune -20 --gpu-engine 1015 --gpu-memclock 1500 --thread-concurrency 8193

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Pure gamble. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Scrypt is useless to mine, jump to the Scrypt-N wagon and mine VERTCOINS.

Hey.

Videocards haven't been effective for mining for quite a while; yes they can do it; but it's not cost effective at all. If you're really that interested, get an actual mining system. You could have for the money you spent on your 'rig' and you'd be making more money.

SO i just bought £1000 ($1600) worth of components for a litecoin mining rig. the calculations I did before showed me that I'd be making $60 per week. However now I'm only making about $11.76 per week. My three R9 280x's are all underperforming at about 624KH/s. I don't know what to do now? Should I sell it on ebay? Will anyone buy it, I also spent $67 making a custom rack. Would ANYONE buy an item that expensive (£1110). I don't know what to do now :'( I'm looking into Gridseed miners as theyre cheaper and use far less power.. Any help or interest would mean the world to me. Thank you.

If you bought them less than a week ago then send them back for a refund. As long as you have the packaging you should be able to get a refund. Unles of course you bought them second hand.

You are entitled to a full refund including postage as long as you bought it from an EU seller, and notified them that you would be returning it within 7 days of it arriving at your home. You dont need to give a reason, and they have to accept the product back as long as you have all of the packaging and there is no damage caused by yourself.

Yeah, it's stories like this that make me not want to do coin mining. I have a friend who literally got a million dollars in bit coins, and the next day his pool shut down, losing everything.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

You could just send one back/sell it, then you'll have a pair of perfectly awesome R9 280X Toxic cards ready for CF, or to be put in two different rigs.

As a folder, I suggest that you keep all three, put one in a gaming computer, and leave the other two on the bench to run F@H all day long for LTT team. 

Woah! Your calculations were way of! Before spending that much money try to do some research! With that money you spent you can get 3mh/s with a cloud mining service!

I would sell them and get some scrypt cloud mining if you want to have an "investment" in cryptos

these 'coins' are no more valuable than a paper blowing in the wind vs actual precious metals such as gold (aka faith based worth vs actual worth)

I can't be the first person to remind you that the US dollar and most of the world's FIAT currency are just as faith-based as cryptocurrencies, and that something being represented as virtual data does not make it worthless. Your other points are sound though; OP dun goofed.

OP you need to look at anything that makes money with a business perspective. Even if its risky and somewhat of a gamble, now review your assets(in this case your money and GPUS) and decide if you should sell or continue mining low cap coins. 

Keep in mind a business that doesn't draw in money to support itself is not a successful business, if your goal is to make money that is. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Mining is dying, its on the verge of economical collapse, its gonna float and soon its gonna be useless. in the mean time why dont you put those cards to game or sell it or gave it away... Those cards would love to see the light of game in their render, not the likes of white text while they are swinging their pickaxe craving for water under a hot case

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct