What would you consider expensive when buying tech products?

Geekazoid

depends on what I've buying.  For example, $12 for an 8GB micro SD card to me is expensive.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'd consider that pretty good value. But if you're looking at $/GB then, yeah, that is expensive at (if my maths is correct) $1.50/GB.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Yes, you don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to figure out who you're referring to. :P

Tell that to all the sheep that buy Apple products  ;)  :P

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Tell that to all the sheep that buy Apple products  ;)  :P

Oh dang it! That makes me a damn sheep then. :(:P

Oh dang it! That makes me a damn sheep then. :(:P

Your not someone who buys the new revision of the Iphone every time it comes out do you noooooooo dont do it xD

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

You're not someone who buys the new revision of the Iphone every time it comes out do you noooooooo dont do it xD

Nah, I'm still rockin' an iPhone 4, iPad 4 and a 2012 MBA. :D

Nah, I'm still rockin' an iPhone 4, iPad 4 and a 2012 MBA. :D

Ooo okay so not to much of a sheep then just a little  :P

1280px-Lundy_sheep_(head_detail).JPG

Im A Snake.....

Ooo okay so not to much of a sheep then just a little  :P

Yes, just a tad. BTW I like sheep. :D

Whatever I can't afford.

*which is a lot*

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

If it is just for PC parts then $200 is about my ceiling unless its a CPU. I spend 230 on my i5 and I will probably spend 200-250 on a GPU. Otherwise I buy around 100-200 dollar parts.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

CPU- above $300

GPU- above $500 for a flagship

Ram- above $50 for 8GB

Mobo- above $90

HDD- above $0.09 per GB

SSD- above $0.90 per GB

In my mind everything is reasonably priced except GPUs and ram. Those are getting price gouged into oblivion. $700 for a flagship and $85 for 8GB should not be the norm.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Hmm, that's interesting. I'd consider that pretty good value. But if you're looking at $/GB then, yeah, that is expensive at (if my maths is correct) $1.50/GB.

Yeah, I guess $12 USD isn't terrible price for an 8GB micro SD.  I was looking around recently for one to use with my new Raspberry Pi and most website are asking $12 USD for them with a linux distro pre-installed for convenience.

But I found a good deal at a local store near my house (in Texas) for $6.76 plus $0.56 sales tax.  And $12 seemed expensive after I found that bargain.

Anything with a half eaten apple logo on it ?

But it's worth it :D

Yeah, I guess $12 USD isn't terrible price for an 8GB micro SD.  I was looking around recently for one to use with my new Raspberry Pi and most website are asking $12 USD for them with a linux distro pre-installed for convenience.

But I found a good deal at a local store near my house (in Texas) for $6.76 plus $0.56 sales tax.  And $12 seemed expensive after I found that bargain.

I guess it's all relative. I would love certain things to match they're capacity with price. For example, it would be good if an 8GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive cost $8.00. But that's never gonna happen for quite some time unfortunately. :(

Monitors for sure

True. :D

Just a quick off topic question, where did you get your animated profile pic from?

Sure is. What Apple products do you own?

Per part.

Cause, I dont have a job, and it's hard to justify spending more than 25% of my savings on a single item.

I can relate to this. Depends on products, though (like 15€ or so for a case fan(s) and 150€ - 200€ for GPU)

To have a very good idea about "cheap" items like fans being expensive for us, you need to be:

• Unembloyed
  • Underaged (optional)
  • If living with a family, living in a poor family (well bellow middle-class I mean)
  • Have next to none / no means of earning money

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I can relate to this. Depends on products, though (like 15€ or so for a case fan(s) and 150€ - 200€ for GPU)

To have a very good idea about "cheap" items like fans being expensive for us, you need to be:

• Unembloyed
  • Underaged (optional)
  • If living with a family, living in a poor family (well bellow middle-class I mean)
  • Have next to none / no means of earning money

Hmm...that's sounds kind of hopeless. But I get what you mean. You need to have lived poor to really learn the value of things so that you spend wisely. At least I think that's what you're trying to say.

True. :D

Just a quick off topic question, where did you get your animated profile pic from?

Save my profile picture as gif, then paste it in google or something

I found it on google, don't remember what i searched for

I dont like my Apples half eaten when i buy them so sorry no not worth. :(

Im A Snake.....

The most I would ever pay for a GPU is $800(unless its a duel GPU card like the 295x2) or $400 for a cpu

Sure is. What Apple products do you own?

iPad 2, 2001 iMac G4, 2006 MacBook, and my family has an Apple TV, and they all have iPhones.

Oh, and we have an Airport Extreme, and both my mom and brother have MacBooks.

Took a few years, but they're finally convinced as to why Apple is much better than alternatives.

I dont like my Apples half eaten when i buy them so sorry no not worth. :(

It's all about taste. Not everyone needs to like everything!

Over $40, over Forty Dollars US. so in my eyes basically everything.

Nothing to see here, move along

Hi guys, as the title asks. I'm just curious. Let me know what you would consider expensive when buying any tech product like a Monitor, PC component or whatever you can think of that's tech related.

I see if price/performance is correct. Sadly, that is not true for any 1440p or 4k monitor. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG