i need to extend my router with another old one.

adhithya.s

i use jio fiber at 30mbps pack which is in my house's hall. the room i am in is nearly 7-10 metres away from the location of jio fiber router. i got an old router too. how do i connect it to the jio fiber router and extend the internet range without reducing the speed? the wifi extenders lead to a huge loss of internet thus am going for this.

btw, jio is a brand that offers network packages or its the service provider and not the router brand.

You probably can’t.  The issue with old routers is they use old protocols which are slower, shorter range, and easily disrupted.  I don’t know what you think of as “old” though.  It could be it’s an ac router or something in which case the slowdown will be minor.   When I think old assess point (routers are for specificallly ethernet.  An access point does many of the same things though to the point that they are often combined) I think a/b or something.  And those were lots and lots slower than modern ones.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.