What is the diagnosis? Can this be fixed or total loss? LG OLED55C7P

FUSER

I bought this TV in 1/2018, it's been working roughly 12 hours a day for the last 2 years (thank you COVID19).

These randomly spaced (but at the same level) horizontal dark bands (see pictures) have be appearing for the last 2-3 days. No change when TV is off and then back on again.

Obvious with light, red/yellow hue colors. No issues with blacks, blues or greens.

Any idea wha this is, how to prevent it on future TVs, and whether is salvageable (without costing >20% the value of a new equivalent 2022 TV!)

Thank you

IMG_1783.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1786.jpeg

I have seen something like this (black spots) on a Toshiba I had, it was fixed by unplugging and holding the power button for about 30-60 seconds. I wonder if such a fix exists for LG. UPDATE: Research indicates this is an OLED thing and there's no fix for it.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Have you ran the pixel refresher? If the C7 doesn't have one built in, you could always try one from a YouTube video. Just make sure to crank the brightness/contrast! (Or just temporarily switch to "vivid" mode"

I've run it once, I will run it again. Not sure if there's cumulative effect of the pixel refresher in remedying this.

There is no way to fix OLED burn in. It's more accurate to call it burn OUT.

Those pixels are worn out because they were used more than the other pixels. I'm guessing there was a news ticker or game HUD there. Or possibly those captions/subtitles.

It's just like the most used portion of your carpet gets worn out more than the parts you don't walk on. The only way to fix it would be to replace the whole thing.