Budget Mac device to learn OSX?

I work in IT and have limited OSX experience. I know a handful of simple things, but I'd like to feel confident when presented with a Mac and also be able to apply for jobs that require working knowledge of OSX.

Yes, everything is a google search away, but I'd like to become familiar. I have a 3060 so Hackintosh is off the table.

I've been looking at older Mac Mini's, but I wasn't sure if there was a good secondary option. I'm just looking for something that can browse the web and not be so dog slow that I avoid using it for that reason. 

I saw this, it fits in what I'm willing to spend, but I'm open to other ideas/options. This one supposedly can run Monterey (which is important to me), but I also don't want to be pushed aside once OSX 13.0 is rolled out. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274252955037?hash=item3fdabffd9d:g:SCUAAOSwx1ReFg3V

EDIT - I also don't want it to be super slow on Monterey. I want "it runs Monterey" not "It runs Monterey***"

4 minutes ago, Colty said:

I have a 3060 so Hackintosh is off the table.

It might be cheaper for you to get an old AMD card than a full mac...

In general the mac used market is awful, people ask inane prices for hardware that I would consider borderline unusable. There's also the option of trying it in a virtual machine though the legality of that depends on your country.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

It might be cheaper for you to get an old AMD card than a full mac...

In general the mac used market is awful, people ask inane prices for hardware that I would consider borderline unusable. There's also the option of trying it in a virtual machine though the legality of that depends on your country.

I'm not concerned about any legality of a VM. If that will work, that'd be great. I guess I assumed if hackintosh direct wouldn't work, that VM wouldn't work either.

An old AMD card is cheaper, but my main machine is also kind of a local file server so I don't want to dual boot or swap out cards. I'll pay a premium for simplicity. 

1 minute ago, Colty said:

I'm not concerned about any legality of a VM.

The forum rules make me concerned so I have to be careful with my language 😉

1 minute ago, Colty said:

I guess I assumed if hackintosh direct wouldn't work, that VM wouldn't work either.

There are many types of virtual machine, if you want close-to-bare metal performance then you'd need a graphics card to pass through and all that but for a simple tryout regular old vmware or virtualbox can do the trick. They both require a little fiddling to get working with macOS iirc but if your machine is good enough they should do fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Colty said:

I'm not concerned about any legality of a VM. If that will work, that'd be great. I guess I assumed if hackintosh direct wouldn't work, that VM wouldn't work either.

An old AMD card is cheaper, but my main machine is also kind of a local file server so I don't want to dual boot or swap out cards. I'll pay a premium for simplicity. 

for basic use vmware or virtualbox will do. will take abit of effort to setup but it's free and i believe there was a site which had pre-setup vmware vmdisks you could just download and run. 

otherwise i understand why you would want simplicity this being your main machine and local file server, so i'd actually suggest an M1 mac mini if you can spare the budget. mac minis from what i see tend to hold their resale value ridiculously well, so after a year or two of use you could probably sell it for maybe 200 bucks of loss tops. plus with an M1 mac you can learn to setup software which was meant for the x86 platform on M1 which may be something that can come up in an IT job.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X Processor (Stock, -0.1V offset)  /// Motherboard: Asus Pro WS X570-Ace /// CPU Cooler: Deepcool GamerStorm Castle 360 RGB V2 /// GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8G /// RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG /// PSU: Corsair RM850i /// Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (boot) + 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe (Working Drive) + 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD RAID0 (Game Library) + 2TB Seagate BarraCuda (Backup) /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals (Main Rig): Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 + Logitech G903 Lightspeed /// Keyboard: Keychron Q1 ANSI - JWK Lavender Linear Switches (TX Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Durock V2 Stabilisers, Polycarbonate Plate, Tape Mod, GMK Blue Samurai + Keychron K4 V2 Hotswap RGB Aluminum Frame - Gateron Milky Black (Deskeys Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Foam Mod, Tape Mod, GMK Rainy Day PBT Clones /// Tablet: Wacom Intuos M BT /// Monitor: 4x LG 27UL500-W (4K IPS Freesync) /// DAC: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 /// Speakers: Logitech Z625 /// Mic: Focusrite CM25 MkII /// Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, ATH-LS70iS IEMs /// Racing Wheel: Logitech G920 Driving Force with Shifter /// Eye Tracker: Steelseries Sentry  /// External Drives: 500GB Samsung T5 SSD (Working Drive)

Home Server - NASty: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700x Processor /// Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-Pro  /// CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 /// GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GT 1030 OC 2G /// RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 Window /// PSU: Corsair RM750x /// Storage: LSI SAS 9211-8i (IT Mode) + 10x 4TB Seagate Exos Enterprise Drive /// OS: UNRaid

Tester Rig: CPU: AMD Athlon™ 200GE Processor /// Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero WIFI  /// CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism RGB /// GPU: Palit GeForce® GTX 1050 2GB StromX /// RAM: Klevv Bolt 8GB (1x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15 /// Chassis: The AMAZING $30 "Computer Case"! /// PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 /// Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD + 240GB Transcend SSD220S 2.5" SATA SSD /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop (Asus UX430UN): CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor  /// GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 /// RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz /// Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD8SN8U512G1002 (boot) /// OS: Windows 10 Home

Other Tech: Console: Xbox One S 1TB, Apple TV 4K /// Printer: Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx /// Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite (Daily Driver)  /// Tablet: Apple iPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi (2018) 32GB + Apple Pencil (1st Generation) /// Headphones: Apple Airpods Pro, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sony WH-1000XM3 /// Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 6 GPS Space Grey

Cameras: Bodies: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV,  Sony A6000 /// Lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM, Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM, Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Canon), Sony SEL-P1650 E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS /// Lighting: 2x Godox SL60-W Continuous LED, 2x Canon Speedlite 580EXII /// Tripods: Leofoto LS-324C Carbon Fiber Tripod + Leofoto LH-40 Ballhead, Leofoto MC-80 Multipurpose Clamp, Triopo DG-3 Gimbal Head /// Yes, I am a Canon Fanboy, deal with it

7 minutes ago, berberries said:

for basic use vmware or virtualbox will do. will take abit of effort to setup but it's free and i believe there was a site which had pre-setup vmware vmdisks you could just download and run. 

otherwise i understand why you would want simplicity this being your main machine and local file server, so i'd actually suggest an M1 mac mini if you can spare the budget. mac minis from what i see tend to hold their resale value ridiculously well, so after a year or two of use you could probably sell it for maybe 200 bucks of loss tops. plus with an M1 mac you can learn to setup software which was meant for the x86 platform on M1 which may be something that can come up in an IT job.

I would love to throw cash at an M1, it's a very interesting platform for sure. But I'm really aiming at $300 or less. Maybe $350 for something that I could trust to keep ticking for a while, but a refurb M1 starts at $600, so effectively double what I'm looking to spend.

6 minutes ago, Colty said:

I would love to throw cash at an M1, it's a very interesting platform for sure. But I'm really aiming at $300 or less. Maybe $350 for something that I could trust to keep ticking for a while, but a refurb M1 starts at $600, so effectively double what I'm looking to spend.

yup it's about balancing the pros and cons of whether its worth spending the cash on. In that case I'd advise you look for a Late 2018 model, most are going for $500-600 (why) but i see some i3 models on auction on ebay for $300 or so with only a couple hours left. Maybe you could take a crack at that. a Late 2018 model will probably get you a few more years of support compared to a late 2014 model.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X Processor (Stock, -0.1V offset)  /// Motherboard: Asus Pro WS X570-Ace /// CPU Cooler: Deepcool GamerStorm Castle 360 RGB V2 /// GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8G /// RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG /// PSU: Corsair RM850i /// Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (boot) + 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe (Working Drive) + 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD RAID0 (Game Library) + 2TB Seagate BarraCuda (Backup) /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals (Main Rig): Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 + Logitech G903 Lightspeed /// Keyboard: Keychron Q1 ANSI - JWK Lavender Linear Switches (TX Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Durock V2 Stabilisers, Polycarbonate Plate, Tape Mod, GMK Blue Samurai + Keychron K4 V2 Hotswap RGB Aluminum Frame - Gateron Milky Black (Deskeys Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Foam Mod, Tape Mod, GMK Rainy Day PBT Clones /// Tablet: Wacom Intuos M BT /// Monitor: 4x LG 27UL500-W (4K IPS Freesync) /// DAC: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 /// Speakers: Logitech Z625 /// Mic: Focusrite CM25 MkII /// Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, ATH-LS70iS IEMs /// Racing Wheel: Logitech G920 Driving Force with Shifter /// Eye Tracker: Steelseries Sentry  /// External Drives: 500GB Samsung T5 SSD (Working Drive)

Home Server - NASty: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700x Processor /// Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-Pro  /// CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 /// GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GT 1030 OC 2G /// RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 Window /// PSU: Corsair RM750x /// Storage: LSI SAS 9211-8i (IT Mode) + 10x 4TB Seagate Exos Enterprise Drive /// OS: UNRaid

Tester Rig: CPU: AMD Athlon™ 200GE Processor /// Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero WIFI  /// CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism RGB /// GPU: Palit GeForce® GTX 1050 2GB StromX /// RAM: Klevv Bolt 8GB (1x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15 /// Chassis: The AMAZING $30 "Computer Case"! /// PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 /// Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD + 240GB Transcend SSD220S 2.5" SATA SSD /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop (Asus UX430UN): CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor  /// GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 /// RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz /// Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD8SN8U512G1002 (boot) /// OS: Windows 10 Home

Other Tech: Console: Xbox One S 1TB, Apple TV 4K /// Printer: Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx /// Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite (Daily Driver)  /// Tablet: Apple iPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi (2018) 32GB + Apple Pencil (1st Generation) /// Headphones: Apple Airpods Pro, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sony WH-1000XM3 /// Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 6 GPS Space Grey

Cameras: Bodies: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV,  Sony A6000 /// Lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM, Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM, Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Canon), Sony SEL-P1650 E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS /// Lighting: 2x Godox SL60-W Continuous LED, 2x Canon Speedlite 580EXII /// Tripods: Leofoto LS-324C Carbon Fiber Tripod + Leofoto LH-40 Ballhead, Leofoto MC-80 Multipurpose Clamp, Triopo DG-3 Gimbal Head /// Yes, I am a Canon Fanboy, deal with it

If I were you, I would install Linux on a spare drive and try this out: https://github.com/sickcodes/Docker-OSX

Make sure to enable virtualization on your CPU in your bios though. This has been way less painful experience for me than doing a hackintosh which I did a handful of years ago. 

I'd definitely throw caution at the idea of trying to do Hackintosh, you're more likely to find yourself learning how to encourage macOS to run on hardware it wasn't intended for rather than learning how to use macOS itself.  An interesting thing to do from a tech/geek point of view for sure, but in terms of upskilling yourself for your job, it's less helpful.

If you can find a solution to running it in a VM I'd say that's going to be the least painful option.  

Also how long do you think you'll need to get up to speed? If it's something you want to be able to spend a few minutes here & there, then a physical machine or VM will be the way to go, but if you're prepared to book off a week of learning time this looks like it might be a reasonable/cheap option https://www.oakhost.net/try-macos 

8 hours ago, NateAteTeen said:

If I were you, I would install Linux on a spare drive and try this out: https://github.com/sickcodes/Docker-OSX

Make sure to enable virtualization on your CPU in your bios though. This has been way less painful experience for me than doing a hackintosh which I did a handful of years ago. 

I do have Linux (ubuntu) running on my Plex machine so docker might be a good option. Though I'm still leaning towards VM so I can go back and forth between Windows more easily and VM's are also something I should get more familiar with than just the tinkering I've done with Linux ages ago and ChromeOS. 

For your budget, there's not going to be many attractive Apple hardware options. Macs hold their value much better than other PCs, which is great for sellers but means that there aren't all that many great steals for buyers.

This is a good article about Apple hardware lifespans and since you're looking to learn macOS I'd be careful about getting anything Skylake or older. Even if it supports macOS 12, it might be droped in September.

So for your budget I'd say there are two good options for learning macOS.

1. A VPS for a few months from Mac Stadium or AWS

2. An old Mac Mini that will probably only be a dual core and might be dropped for macOS 13.

3. Hackintosh VM

None are ideal, but they'll at least get you far enough to know if you want to save up for an new Mac Mini.

On 4/17/2022 at 1:07 PM, Colty said:

I work in IT and have limited OSX experience. I know a handful of simple things, but I'd like to feel confident when presented with a Mac and also be able to apply for jobs that require working knowledge of OSX.

Yes, everything is a google search away, but I'd like to become familiar. I have a 3060 so Hackintosh is off the table.

I've been looking at older Mac Mini's, but I wasn't sure if there was a good secondary option. I'm just looking for something that can browse the web and not be so dog slow that I avoid using it for that reason. 

I saw this, it fits in what I'm willing to spend, but I'm open to other ideas/options. This one supposedly can run Monterey (which is important to me), but I also don't want to be pushed aside once OSX 13.0 is rolled out. 

EDIT - I also don't want it to be super slow on Monterey. I want "it runs Monterey" not "It runs Monterey***"

I know that a recommendation by Jonathan Horst for some of them he talked about going for refurbished Macs

12 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

I know that a recommendation by Jonathan Horst for some of them he talked about going for refurbished Macs

The cheapest refurbished Mac that Apple sells is still nearly twice the budget OP has, so I don't see how that's an option. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

10 hours ago, BondiBlue said:

The cheapest refurbished Mac that Apple sells is still nearly twice the budget OP has, so I don't see how that's an option. 

Ah, I didn't notice the 300$ budget.

Also am I wrong or is it likely that there would be no options within the OP's budget as won't the next macOS be presumably near the end of the Mac transition to Apple Silicon, so support for macOS 13 might be nonexistent for Intel based Macs.

3 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

Ah, I didn't notice the 300$ budget.

Also am I wrong or is it likely that there would be no options within the OP's budget as won't the next macOS be presumably near the end of the Mac transition to Apple Silicon, so support for macOS 13 might be nonexistent for Intel based Macs.

Something like a 2018 Mac mini or 2017 MacBook Air would fit the budget, and they're still supported right now. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

On 4/17/2022 at 7:07 PM, Colty said:

If you use a hackintosh you already have experience with Mac OS. Buying an old Mac doesn't make sense with the new M1 processors. Look for an entry level model with M1.

7 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Something like a 2018 Mac mini or 2017 MacBook Air would fit the budget, and they're still supported right now. 

I was thinking of the below quote which might mean that there's nothing within the budget that would meet all of the requirements unless there's a massive deal on used M1 stuff somewhere.

but I also don't want to be pushed aside once OSX 13.0 is rolled out. 

1 hour ago, Ultraforce said:

I was thinking of the below quote which might mean that there's nothing within the budget that would meet all of the requirements unless there's a massive deal on used M1 stuff somewhere.

Are you talking about the part where Monterey needs to run well? A 2018 mini will run Monterey excellently, even a base model. 

1 hour ago, Ultraforce said:

If Apple release a Mac Pro with their own Silicon this year I don't expect macOS 13 to immediately drop support for running on Intel hardware.  Apple haven't actually announced the timeline of when they will no longer ship macOS to run on Intel Macs, the only thing I'm aware of is Tim Cook said "we plan to continue to support and release new versions of macOS for Intel Macs for years to come" when they announced Apple Silicon at WWDC 20... which is pretty wooly language but "very Apple" considering they don't like to publish product roadmaps, and just announce things when they're ready to make a change.

3 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Are you talking about the part where Monterey needs to run well? A 2018 mini will run Monterey excellently, even a base model. 

Have you looked for a 2018 Mac mini on eBay? I was pretty shocked at what prices they're still being listed at compared to the price of a brand new M1 Mac mini 😂

3 minutes ago, Paul Thexton said:

Have you looked for a 2018 Mac mini on eBay? I was pretty shocked at what prices they're still being listed at compared to the price of a brand new M1 Mac mini 😂

Yeah, they're still a bit pricey on eBay, but I've seen some pretty good deals locally over the past year or so, and I know several people who have bought them for $300 or less. Obviously that's not a guarantee that OP would be able to find one for that cheap, but it's still a very nice machine, so if they were willing to pay a bit more than $300 for one then it'd be a great choice. 

I'm more into older Mac minis though. I picked up a couple 2012 Mac minis from eBay a few weeks ago for $115 each. They're both quad core i7 models, and one of them even came with 16GB of RAM already installed. 

12 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

It was about future versions of macOS. so the sequel of Monterey

12 minutes ago, Paul Thexton said:

If Apple release a Mac Pro with their own Silicon this year I don't expect macOS 13 to immediately drop support for running on Intel hardware.  Apple haven't actually announced the timeline of when they will no longer ship macOS to run on Intel Macs, the only thing I'm aware of is Tim Cook said "we plan to continue to support and release new versions of macOS for Intel Macs for years to come" when they announced Apple Silicon at WWDC 20... which is pretty wooly language but "very Apple" considering they don't like to publish product roadmaps, and just announce things when they're ready to make a change.

Ah, so it's a case of we can't know for sure. There's been only one macOS announced since the WWDC with Big Sur which would suggest its unlikely macOS 13 starts off with no X86-64 support.

Just now, Ultraforce said:

It was about future versions of macOS. so the sequel of Monterey

There's no way to tell how long Apple is going to support their Intel Macs, but considering they released new Macs with Intel CPUs as recently as late 2020 I doubt it'll happen very quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend taking a look at Apple's "Monterey is compatible with these computers" page; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212551, and then getting a price "vibe" check on compatible Macs using Swappa (https://swappa.com/buy/macbooks). After that eBay and/or Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace are good places to check for cheaper deals (swappa is on the pricer side, but generally more verified and nicer in some ways than other auction sites; albeit, I've purchased several used Macs on eBay without issue thus far)

Checking out iFixit (https://www.ifixit.com/) on promising Mac models to see upgrade options is another good todo as well, that way you have an idea for what older Macs have upgrade paths.

I'll note that for non-gaming or non-demanding tasks, my 2017 MacBook Pro base models runs Monterey quite nicely. So you don't need a powerhouse if you're not gaming or doing intense performance required tasks.

• Desktop! 2012 Mac Pro, Radeon RX 570 8GB, macOS Monterrey via OCLP.
  • Laptop! 2015 MacBook Pro quad core i7 with dedicated gpu
  • Other: PineBook Pro, PowerBook G4, misc chromebook, NextBook Flexx 11, LGV20 w/ LineageOS, and a few other things