Searching a new aio

puppo

hello! yesterday ive sold my coolermaster masterliquid ml240l v2 rgb for 50 euros because i wanted to buy a new aio, but i dont know which. 
I have 150 euros as a budget but dont want to use it all, i can buy usen and the aio has to be 240mm, ty!

was the masterliquid not cooling enough, or just don't like it? what cpu are you cooling? the arctic liquid freezer II is always a good choice imo.

3 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

was the masterliquid not cooling enough, or just don't like it? what cpu are you cooling? the arctic liquid freezer II is always a good choice imo.

just an aesthetic choice. I'm cooling an i5 10400, and idk i was searching something rgb ( i just really likes all the lights)

yeah ik,.but it's an aesthetic point of view. i really like the look of aio's and in my air coolers experience i always found the aio's cooling better and with less noise

5 hours ago, puppo said:

i always found the aio's cooling better and with less noise

Then you were doing something wrong.

5 hours ago, puppo said:

just an aesthetic choice. I'm cooling an i5 10400, and idk i was searching something rgb ( i just really likes all the lights)

You can just buy RGB fans. 

If you must have an AIO corsair is the go to IMO

For a 10400 I'd go for a Corsair iCUE H60i RGB PRO XT and just slap an RGB fan on it 

120mm will cool a i5 10400, if the fans are to loud for you, customize the fan profile.

If you want a 240 for whatever reason iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX is a stretch for your budget but is all the RBG and cooling you and your next 3 CPUs could need.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:15 AM, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

Then you were doing something wrong.

You can just buy RGB fans. 

If you must have an AIO corsair is the go to IMO

For a 10400 I'd go for a Corsair iCUE H60i RGB PRO XT and just slap an RGB fan on it 

120mm will cool a i5 10400, if the fans are to loud for you, customize the fan profile.

If you want a 240 for whatever reason iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX is a stretch for your budget but is all the RBG and cooling you and your next 3 CPUs could need.

thank you!

On 4/14/2022 at 6:40 PM, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

AIOs are expensive and pointless, do you need one?

Or would an NH-D15 be a better option?

cant rly get the aio performance tho 

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

cant rly get the aio performance tho 

you're right

the NH-D15 (or other aircoolers) outperform most AIOs

Here is the LTT video about it

7 hours ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

you're right

the NH-D15 (or other aircoolers) outperform most AIOs

Here is the LTT video about it

wrong. this might be the worst vid LTT has ever made. putting coolers not made for tr4 on tr4..

When it comes to testing Gamers nexus is the way to go, not a entertainer. 

image.thumb.png.491b80c9973e4e2981d8a3184a6bd176.png

more metal + access to the best and more fans beats less metal, less fans, every day

18 hours ago, NorKris said:

this might be the worst vid LTT has ever made

That's a bit of an aggrandizement, but go off.

18 hours ago, NorKris said:

more metal + access to the best and more fans beats less metal, less fans, every day

SOME days. And that is a huge oversimplification.

4 hours ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

That's a bit of an aggrandizement, but go off.

SOME days. And that is a huge oversimplification.

Calling it the final answer when you cant even mount the cooler to what it was made for...

Anyways, more surface area (more metal) and more fans is the reason why AIOs will beat air coolers. The misinformation that Air coolers are better is proven wrong, and it does not make any sense. 

Deleted because I do not want to go down the rabbit hole 🙂

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

Air is not inferior to 99% of AIOs. Air and AIO can be gotten quite close together, but it takes way more effort tinkering with your case/case airflow and case fans to setup Air to match AIO (especially at around 240W). Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 for instance is plug&play and monster performance, at very cheap price (80-90 eur).

But on the other hand when not doing OC most builds won't see a benefit with anything more than Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 at $41.

But neither are the nicest looking, nor perfect, so there's definitely room for aesthetics, RGB, and noise choices.

5 hours ago, freeagent said:

Deleted because I do not want to go down the rabbit hole 🙂

Have u upgraded ur fans yet? or can u only fit 2 of them ? 🙂 

3 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Air is not inferior to 99% of AIOs. Air and AIO can be gotten quite close together, but it takes way more effort tinkering with your case/case airflow and case fans to setup Air to match AIO (especially at around 240W). Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 for instance is plug&play and monster performance, at very cheap price (80-90 eur).

But on the other hand when not doing OC most builds won't see a benefit with anything more than Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 at $41.

But neither are the nicest looking, nor perfect, so there's definitely room for aesthetics, RGB, and noise choices.

95% of 240's if intake 😉
ofc all Noctua coolers have the benefit of worlds nr2 best fan or the 15cm one. 
most AIOs do not enjoy the benefit of so good fans. 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

95% of 240's if intake 😉

I can get it to 99%, but just about everyone would call foul xD, As it would end up more expensive than most AIOs, heck even Custom Loops if we don't subtract the sold price difference of unused parts after the build.

And it would involve Soft-modding the case, miles of duct-tape, miles of black tape to cover the duct-tape. and de-shrouding the GPU possibly, and dozens up dozens of zip-ties, and possible air ducts/partitions. Thermalright Frost Commander 140/Deepcool Assassin III/Cooler Master New V8 + a couple of different sets of 140/120mm fans from various companies. At least two different if not 3 different GPU cooler types to figure out which one meshes the best with the other stuff, at least 2-3 cases, etc, ...

And that's just to get it to not look like shit. To possible match or exceed nice aesthetic, RGB/ARGB, man I don't know, double the original time ?, triple ? I'm willing to bet someone doing a rigid tube-ing custom-loop would finish faster than it would take me to finish setting up the Top Dog Air cooled build xD

12 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

I can get it to 99%, but just about everyone would call foul xD, As it would end up more expensive than most AIOs, heck even Custom Loops if we don't subtract the sold price difference of unused parts after the build.

And it would involve Soft-modding the case, miles of duct-tape, miles of black tape to cover the duct-tape. and de-shrouding the GPU possibly, and dozens up dozens of zip-ties, and possible air ducts/partitions. Thermalright Frost Commander 140/Deepcool Assassin III/Cooler Master New V8 + a couple of different sets of 140/120mm fans from various companies. At least two different if not 3 different GPU cooler types to figure out which one meshes the best with the other stuff, at least 2-3 cases, etc, ...

And that's just to get it to not look like shit. To possible match or exceed nice aesthetic, RGB/ARGB, man I don't know, double the original time ?, triple ? I'm willing to bet someone doing a rigid tube-ing custom-loop would finish faster than it would take me to finish setting up the Top Dog Air cooled build xD

Have you seen the LTT vid where they talk about Corsair was kinda right about water-cooling and the capacity of the air after one rad? 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

Have u upgraded ur fans yet? or can u only fit 2 of them ? 🙂 

I am running 3x iPPC 3K fans at the front of my Meshify C, 2x 140s and a 120, as well as a 140 on my cooler. Top of the case is sealed as is the basement. The back of the case is wide open, no exhaust fan, no pci covers. No need for a front fan on the cooler due to the proximity of the front case fans, though I could add one and see marginal gains, but my ram runs a bit cooler without the front cooler fan.

👍🏻

9 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I am running 3x iPPC 3K fans at the front of my Meshify C, 2x 140s and a 120, as well as a 140 on my cooler. Top of the case is sealed as is the basement. The back of the case is wide open, no exhaust fan, no pci covers. No need for a front fan on the cooler due to the proximity of the front case fans, though I could add one and see marginal gains, but my ram runs a bit cooler without the front cooler fan.

👍🏻

so no upgrade? 😛 

Just now, NorKris said:

so no upgrade? 😛 

It can handle a maxed out 5900X.. boosts to 5150. When guys here are complaining about how hot theirs is at stock on their AIO. Also, my cooler does not use 6mm pipes, it uses 8mm pipes. Not your average cooler.. 

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

It can handle a maxed out 5900X.. boosts to 5150. When guys here are complaining about how hot theirs is at stock on their AIO. Also, my cooler does not use 6mm pipes, it uses 8mm pipes. Not your average cooler.. 

not ur avg fan either mr.... 😛

u can prob get 3 T30's on that? or just 2?  that was what i was fishing after xD

AIO = 6 T30's    u can have all the heat pipes in the world but.. 😝👌

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

not ur avg fan either mr.... 😛

u can prob get 3 T30's on that? or just 2?  that was what i was fishing after xD

AIO = 6 T30's    u can have all the heat pipes in the world but.. 😝👌

I could fit 3. How long until your 200ml of fluid becomes saturated?

Just now, freeagent said:

I could fit 3. How long until your 200ml of fluid becomes saturated?

saturated as in heatsoaked?   with loads ur having and same fans.. 1023219053484523 years ?  xD

Just now, NorKris said:

saturated as in heatsoaked?   with loads ur having and same fans.. 1023219053484523 years ?  xD

Yes as in heat soaked.

Thats a lot of years, my H100 would like a word with you 🙂