How do you watch Youtube #shorts?

Spotty

Youtube preferences for #Shorts  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred way to watch Youtube

• TV (including chromecast, firestick, casting, etc)
    • Computer, Laptop, or Tablet
    • Mobile phone
  2. 2. Do you like #Shorts videos?

• I like #Shorts (they're comfy and easy to wear)
    • Either #Shorts or traditional videos are fine
    • I dislike #Shorts videos
  3. 3. Do you like to watch #Shorts on devices other than phones?

• Yes
    • No, I only watch #shorts on mobile
    • No, I don't watch #shorts
  4. 4. Do you feel the need to watch ALL videos uploaded by your favourite creators?

• Yes, I watch everything to keep up to date with my favourite creators
    • No, I only watch the ones that seem interesting
  5. 5. Do you like #Shorts videos that are clips taken from full length videos that you've already watched that have been edited down to a short clip cropped to portrait mode?

• Yes / Doesn't matter
    • No, I prefer original #shorts content that was made to be #shorts
    • No, I don't like #shorts

Questions 1 and 4 need "no I don't watch shorts" options so I can finish voting.  Shorts are terrible, they have no substantial content, and the people making them can't even be bothered to hold the camera the right way round.  LTT basically uses them like ads for full length videos and that's just cheap.  Useless videos like that should be left to tiktok and instagram.

1 hour ago, IRMacGuyver said:

Questions 1 and 4 need "no I don't watch shorts" options so I can finish voting.

Question 1 asks what type of device you prefer to watch Youtube on. This is any type of Youtube content, not just Shorts.

Question 4 asks whether you watch every video uploaded by your favourite creators or only ones you are interested in. Again, this is any type of content not just Shorts.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I don't, and IMO they shouldn't show up in your feed on desktop youtube because of the aspect ratio, is clearly designed for mobile, so let it show on mobile and if people want to watch on desktop they can go to the shorts page

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I like the way LMG's been handling #shorts so far. They're clearly tagged (if the incredibly short runtime wasn't already a dead giveaway), and the teaser-y ones have original footage (instead of a random clip from an upcoming video) that doesn't get too clickbait-y. The TechQuickie ones are straightforward and to the point, while staying consistent with the fun, casual, informative tone of that channel's presentation. If anything, TechQuickie is a natural fit for the #shorts format.

But if they released nonsense #shorts (for example, just the clip of James burping in the empty Labs 2 space looped five tmes), that would be ridiculous.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, TetraSky said:

[ticktocy rubbish dot png]

Clinteastwood Disgust GIFs | Tenor

That's even worse than regular YouTube when you're in a fresh Incognito window...

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

15 hours ago, Spotty said:

Question 1 asks what type of device you prefer to watch Youtube on. This is any type of Youtube content, not just Shorts.

Question 4 asks whether you watch every video uploaded by your favourite creators or only ones you are interested in. Again, this is any type of content not just Shorts.

I stand by what I said even if it was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the way shorts are presented obnoxious. Not just from LTT, but from everyone else. I do understand why they're doing it though. It would be stupid for them to not do it, as it's a low-effort way to gain more followers. Everyone that isn't interested can just not watch it. I don't understand why some people feel obligated to watch every bit of content in their sub box.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

In general, I dislike shorts.

#5, though - shorts that are pieces of actual videos? - BURN THEM. DESTROY THEM. ERASE THEM FROM THIS REALITY.
image.jpeg.f9d48e613c96cd500e153644a83562af.jpeg

Only real ones use an RSS feed reader to get their subscriptions, then watch the videos with MPV. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain