Sleeper NES Build Idea

Madmat

Budget (including currency): £500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details I'm looking to make a cheaper sleeper Pc using a N.E.S. case so it has to be low form the parts I have come up with so far are

CPU= intel I3 10100f or Intel I3 10105f

Motherboard= Asus Rog Strix Z490-I

RAM= Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

PSU= Silverstone sst-350-g 350w

GPU= Asus GeForce GT730 2GB LP DDR5 or Palit GeForce GT1030 2GB DDR4

Cooler=Thermaltake ux100

I Have not thought of what storage to use but from what I have seen the NVMe doesn't work with the gen 10 intel so it will have to be SATA. If anyone can think of some cheap alternative as well that would be great

52 minutes ago, Madmat said:

Budget (including currency): £500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details I'm looking to make a cheaper sleeper Pc using a N.E.S. case so it has to be low form the parts I have come up with so far are

CPU= intel I3 10100f or Intel I3 10105f

Motherboard= Asus Rog Strix Z490-I

RAM= Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

PSU= Silverstone sst-350-g 350w

GPU= Asus GeForce GT730 2GB LP DDR5 or Palit GeForce GT1030 2GB DDR4

Cooler=Thermaltake ux100

I Have not thought of what storage to use but from what I have seen the NVMe doesn't work with the gen 10 intel so it will have to be SATA. If anyone can think of some cheap alternative as well that would be great

Would you consider a ryzen 5 5600g?

I believe this apu is a bit more powerful than a dedicated gt 1030 gpu and would provide for a more compact build.

A 5600G is gonna give same performance of 1030 or better, depending on optimizations and about 3x of 730. And driver support is fantastic for Ryzen APUs, and you would even reduce power consumption

10100f ~ 65W

1030 ~ 30w, 

95W total

Or 

5600G ~65W

Money is also saved on Mobo and DDR4. And it plays well with NVMe drives, and you can use stock cooler which is perfectly fine for stock/mild OC operation. I have a 2600X with stock cooler in an airflow restricted case and the stock cooler is just able to keep it under throttling at 113W 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NLnPVw

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£187.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock B550M-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (£141.47 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£56.99 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Intel 660p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£46.98 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Silverstone 350 W 80+ Gold Certified Flex ATX Power Supply  (£65.47 @ Scan.co.uk)

Total: £498.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-04-13 04:44 BST+0100

that is a tough budget to fit in, but it should work with some space to spare in the case.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/KvCLrH

found this when I was checking for PSUs and it totally works inside a classic NES, not sure how loud the PSU is but it's not going to be over 40% loaded even maxing out the hardware so the fan shouldn't ramp up at all.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Thanks for the replys I Know its a tight budget but in such a small case you can't realy get much in there so there is no point getting high end parts. Plus its not like im looking to play high end stuff on it, it's also fun to see how far you can push a budget in such a small case.