Ryzen 5 5600h hits 100 degrees instantly, repasted 2 times in 2 different services

Paul_

Sorry for being so late to reply. I had the exact same issue with my 5600h. Temps would exceed 100c even on low graphics. Turns out that nfs heat is a poorly optimised game that by default would push all cores to above 90% usage even when unnecessary. Now I'm a complete tech noob so can't explain in detail what exactly goes on, but u can limit the core usage I.e running 4 cores out of 6 (atleast that's what it looks like) by adding a cfg file in the game file.

Just search "nfs heat cpu usage fix" on YouTube and its the video by Sgt Drayke.

• 9 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 3:49 PM, Paul_ said:

Room temp is generally between 20-22, usually closer to 20, sometimes lower, I also use a cooler pad sometimes but it really makes not even the smallest difference at full RPM

GPU is a 130W 3060, settings vary from lowest (warzone for example) at 1080p to high settings in some games but I really look for something in between graphics and FPS and also something that won't melt the components in the games I play, but for lighter games I go with low stretch res and a combo of mid textures or anti-aliasing as it will make it look not that bad and still keep the stretch resolution. So it really depends on the game but usually nothing out of the ordinary or something to push it to it's limits at all times.

Hey Paul, i know im a bit late to this but I have a similar problem with my dell G15 with the same 5600h and yes I hit those stupidly high temperatures. The performance has not taken a dip in the time I've used the laptop even with the absurd temperatures, I also have tried repasting thermal paste and there was no significant difference in temperatures. I found my laptop getting hot in an idle state, or when I closed the lid, the above keyboard area gets so hot, I made a habit to shut the laptop down after working or keep it open if I need to resume work, that way the fans turn on whenever it gets hot(fans don't turn on with the lid down).

I think ryzen 5000 series is made to withstand hotter temperatures than an average cpu. Google about the same, im lazy to post the link here. And since mid-budget range laptops don't have the best cooling, we might be stuck with these temperatures(unless you have already upgraded after a year that has gone by after posting this). I don't think anyone in the thread understands the issue, I have contacted dell countless times regarding it, they don't wanna help which means there's nothing they can do. It's just the shitty laptops budget range has to offer.

Now my suggestion for you and anyone with the same issue and that are worried about the laptop's longetivity or degradation, is to limit cpu usage using ryzen controller. Doesn't affect fps much but sure is effective at reducing temps.

And please save up and buy better laptops rather than budget ones. And if you're stuck with 5600h limit cpu usage using ryzen controller.

There is something wrong with your cooler or the mounting or the paste. You should be in the low 90s max on the cpu.

Here’s a review of the same laptop, excerpt attached to highlight their thermal findings.

IMG_1643.png

• 4 months later...

i am having the same problem . i have the same laptop lenovo legion 5 15arh . at idle i get around 85 to 90 c and under load it goes till 106 c

but when i play forza horizon 4, a 5year old game the cpu usage is only 40% and at 100-105c . 

any solution to this ??

On 11/24/2023 at 11:04 AM, aashay37 said:

i am having the same problem . i have the same laptop lenovo legion 5 15arh . at idle i get around 85 to 90 c and under load it goes till 106 c

but when i play forza horizon 4, a 5year old game the cpu usage is only 40% and at 100-105c . 

any solution to this ??

Yes. Please start a new thread instead of resurrecting this one.  But first read this while thread to see if the answer is in here somewhere. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂