All activity - condensed vs expanded are different?

Tan3l6
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

This seems to be a newly introduced change in the most recent update, and it seems to be partially a deliberate decision by IPS (so the condensed view only shows the most recent reply to each topic, not all replies), and partly a custom change that we made to try and fix the semantics of how activity streams work (so that filtering to "content items only" actually shows items rather than showing the most recent reply). I can't see a reasonable way to disentangle those two, so it looks like it will need to be broken in one way or the other. For now I think I would prefer to leave it as it is, but that could change.

Why do the Expanded option show different results than Condensed in the forum "All Activity"?

Don't know better place to ask....

In my opinion they were identical before, just Condensed showed only topic title and subforum while Expanded showed a bit of content.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Why do the Expanded option show different results than Condensed in the forum "All Activity"?

I never noticed that before. It seems that the Condensed view is not showing replies to posts.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

This seems to be a newly introduced change in the most recent update, and it seems to be partially a deliberate decision by IPS (so the condensed view only shows the most recent reply to each topic, not all replies), and partly a custom change that we made to try and fix the semantics of how activity streams work (so that filtering to "content items only" actually shows items rather than showing the most recent reply). I can't see a reasonable way to disentangle those two, so it looks like it will need to be broken in one way or the other. For now I think I would prefer to leave it as it is, but that could change.

HTTP/2 203