4.7" and 5.7" iPhone 6

Aniallation

Is anybody actually hoping that Apple would make an iPhone this big? I can't get over the fact that's been hammered into my head that iPhone's are always (too) small. I tried converting my S4 into a close-enough iPhone to see what it would feel like to have a five-inch iDevice, and it just feels so odd. Not android-odd (I did this on my One V and it was pretty cool) but the UI just feels so out of place on a big screen device.

359feqa.jpg

"Rawr XD"

A lot of people like the Iphone because its smaller.

Is anybody actually hoping that Apple would make an iPhone this big? I can't get over the fact that's been hammered into my head that iPhone's are always (too) small. I tried converting my S4 into a close-enough iPhone to see what it would feel like to have a five-inch iDevice, and it just feels so odd. Not android-odd (I did this on my One V and it was pretty cool) but the UI just feels so out of place on a big screen device.

359feqa.jpg

I think that if apple made an iDevice with a larger screen, they would resize the UI so it wouldn't be awkward. The amount of app shortcuts that you could have on a home screen would be increased from 20 (4x5) to 30 (5x6) or 42 (6x7)

I think that if apple made an iDevice with a larger screen, they would resize the UI so it wouldn't be awkward. The amount of app shortcuts that you could have on a home screen would be increased from 20 (4x5) to 30 (5x6) or 42 (6x7)

Well by then it's getting quite cluttered for a mobile device homescreen. I tried a 5x6 app drawer in Nova Launcher and on the S4 it still looks really uncomfortably cluttered. 

"Rawr XD"

I would love apple to make a phone this big. I am tired of my friends getting Samsung phones that are bigger than my iPhone 5. even the s3-4 mini is bigger than the 5-5S! But whoever put ios on that S4 is stupid. (no offense) Samsung is good as it is except for their heavy touch wiz skin.

apple.com

I don know if a bigger iPhone would be good.. It will probably have the same issues just like when the iPhone 5 came out iOS 6 never really took advantage of that screen real estate you got from the larger 4inch screen

$$金Trill金$$

I think it would expand their market to people who would normally have to resort to android for a larger screen.

Personally, I don't care because I am never going back to ios. What I do want, however, is to have android running on blackberry phones. I got a free q10 a few days ago so I decided I would try it out for a week or two instead of my HTC one. I have to say, I love having a physical keyboard. I just wish the phone could be running a version of android.

We need to go back to using proper buttons.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I think it would expand their market to people who would normally have to resort to android for a larger screen.

Personally, I don't care because I am never going back to ios. What I do want, however, is to have android running on blackberry phones. I got a free q10 a few days ago so I decided I would try it out for a week or two instead of my HTC one. I have to say, I love having a physical keyboard. I just wish the phone could be running a version of android.

Well it can run android apps. Just load apk's onto it.

"Rawr XD"

I would love apple to make a phone this big. I am tired of my friends getting Samsung phones that are bigger than my iPhone 5. even the s3-4 mini is bigger than the 5-5S! But whoever put ios on that S4 is stupid. (no offense) Samsung is good as it is except for their heavy touch wiz skin.

lol it was an experiment to see approximately how a 5" iphone would feel. it's just a launcher. back to aosp now.

"Rawr XD"

I wouldn't mind a 4.5" screen. My first smartphone was the HTC Thunderbolt, which had a 4.3" screen and it was the perfect size. My S3, with it's 4.7" screen is just a bit too big. 4.5" would be perfect. I can't imagine something like the OnePlus One with it's 5.5" screen.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Yea I resisted upgrading to the iPhone 5 because I thought the 5 was too large. I've since adjusted to my much larger 925 but a major factor in wanting an iPhone back again is the smaller screen size. 4" would be about right for me. 4.5" on my lumia is *just* too big. 4.3 or even 4.4 would be acceptable, but the iPhone 4S was about the perfect size for me.

I have a feeling the next iPhone refresh will see...

iPhone 4S stays on the market (I'd actually like to see an update to this model)

iPhone 6 replacing 5S - 4.5 or 4.7" screen

iPhone Air released approx 6 months after the 6 as a separate model - 5.5" screen

5C may be killed when the Air releases, or before

If the iPhone 6 does come in at 4.5 or 4.7 I'll be OK with that. I use an iPhonea 4S and a 5 (personal and work), and a bigger screen would be great.  Anything larger than a 5" screen is in the territory of phablet - which I don't like.

I'm not sure Apple will go with a proper movie viewing aspect ratio, as they like to ensure the phone can be held easily in one hand - which is why the 5C / 5S is narrower than competitors. If that is the case then I suspect Apple will use the additional height for 'something else' other than an additional row of icons.  Maybe integrate the notification centre pull down in to the home screen for things like Twitter updates, weather etc.

lol it was an experiment to see approximately how a 5" iphone would feel. it's just a launcher. back to aosp now.

but thats not how it would feel because that is a Samsung Galaxy S4. The iPhone would be metal and not shaped like a mishaped egg

apple.com

I wouldn't mind a 4.5" screen. My first smartphone was the HTC Thunderbolt, which had a 4.3" screen and it was the perfect size. My S3, with it's 4.7" screen is just a bit too big. 4.5" would be perfect. I can't imagine something like the OnePlus One with it's 5.5" screen.

what about the HTC One Max or the Samsung Galaxy Mega? Also, I like your signature

apple.com

I don know if a bigger iPhone would be good.. It will probably have the same issues just like when the iPhone 5 came out iOS 6 never really took advantage of that screen real estate you got from the larger 4inch screen

does ios7 take advantage of the screen? And u act like the iPhone 5 is dead

apple.com

but thats not how it would feel because that is a Samsung Galaxy S4. The iPhone would be metal and not shaped like a mishaped egg

I think it's pretty obvious that I was talking about the UI (which would probably look different wanyways cause iOS 8)

"Rawr XD"

but the UI just feels so out of place on a big screen device.

Thats because the icons are too big for the screen size. I guarantee if there was smaller icons etc, you wouldn't get that feeling. 

does ios7 take advantage of the screen? And u act like the iPhone 5 is dead

yeah the apps do but the look but not the os, and I actually do sound like the iPhone 5 is dead because the 5c is the new thing lol

$$金Trill金$$