Wi-Fi mesh system VS multiple (and different branded) routers as APs

Filingo

After my previous posts today, I just realized: I have a few old 1Gbps routers lying around with no use, 

I could give them to my friend to use as access points, disable the DHCP, set the same SSID and password, and there you go - a "mesh" of access points, each gets a signal directly from the Ethernet cable.

Also it seems like today's smartphones roam better between devices, and don't hang on to the first devices they were connected to? (Or I'm mistaken?)

So could this be a good solution, or there are other issues I'm not thinking about (Aside from having to reconfigure everything if there is a power outage 😄?)

Ty!

4 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Also it seems like today's smartphones roam better between devices, and don't hang on to the first devices they were connected to? (Or I'm mistaken?)

If you have 802.11R enabled sure, otherwise it is hit and miss. If you plan on having two different SSIDs, then you can reduce antenna output of particular devices and make sure device switches to other SSIDs by reducing coverage overlap but this usually results in 10-15second reconnects on most android devices. Laptops on the other hand still can pick up lower quality signals and connect there so they usually require manual intervention.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18