Can I use a different monitor's power adaptor cable for my monitor?

Giga Bus Driver

I currently have a not so ideal situation where my new ultrawide monitor's (LG) power adaptor and cable can't reach my monitor without the actual adaptor brick looking thing floating mid air due to the short length of the connector cable side. I was wondering if I can interchange the power adaptor for my Asus ROG monitor's power adaptor cable which is long enough. Both have power adaptor bricks and both are connecting to the monitor using that single circular connector that are used in laptop chargers (don't know what that is called). My LG adaptor brick says 100-240V AC - 50/60HZ and 1.5A max for Input and 19V and 5.79A for ouput. My Asus power brick says same 100-240V AC -50/60HZ and 1.5A max for Input but says 19V and 4.74A for output.

Lower output says no.  Can you get a longer cable for between the brick and the outlet?

23 minutes ago, IPD said:

Lower output says no.  Can you get a longer cable for between the brick and the outlet?

Oh, unfortunately it is the cable that is from monitor to the power adaptor brick that is short.

Sounds like you should just get a longer wall cable, and then strap/tape/sticky the brick to the back of the monitor or stand. 

p.s.

I am so glad I don't have any power bricks for monitors...yet.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

Sounds like you should just get a longer wall cable, and then strap/tape/sticky the brick to the back of the monitor or stand. 

p.s.

I am so glad I don't have any power bricks for monitors...yet.

Wait.... that sounds pretty good. I'll give it a try and if it works, you're a genius