500$ 3060 ti!

I saw an Asus Rog Strix Gaming RTX 3060 Ti for 500$. He claims it has 3 years of warranty, also Pay on delivery so I can plug it to pc and test it before giving him the money.

However a PC repair shop told me that it might be refurbished, meaning it will produce same benchmark as new one but will not last as the new ones, especially if I plan to mine crypto with it.

What do you say guys, can I spot if it's refurbished or check something to know if it's under warranty. I'm buying it in Lebanon. Here's the link https://www.olx.com.lb/ads/q-Asus-Rog-Strix-Gaming-RTX-3060-Ti-FHR/

refurbished just means it was cleaned and maybe has had the thermal paste redone

Yes technically it will last less time than a brand new one but I doubt that by the time it finally does kick the bucket (if it ever does)

it will be long past its usefulness

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

6 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

refurbished just means it was cleaned and maybe has had the thermal paste redone

Yes technically it will last less time than a brand new one but I doubt that by the time it finally does kick the bucket (if it ever does)

it will be long past its usefulness

Profile is hilarious xD. Anyways is there a way to tell the difference though? 

32 minutes ago, ezio313 said:

Profile is hilarious xD. Anyways is there a way to tell the difference though? 

If it actually has a warranty then it is prob fine

as with anything there is risk.

technically you can buy a gpu and it could die right after the warranty expires. (HIGHLY unlikely but still possible)

Typically there is a warranty void sticker that would be removed to repaste a card. If that looks like its been tampered with that means someone was most likely inside the card doing something or another.

If it was cleaned there is little to no way to tell as if you use compressed air to clean a card that just cleans it.

the definition for 'refurbished' is pretty vague in general and could mean it was cleaned, repasted or even 'fixed' although typically once something has been fixed it tends to break again

If you want to take a gamble on the cards its probably fine or you could just wait for prices to drop (as they have been doing) and get a brand new one.

There is always an inherent risk to 2nd hand components.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>