Is this a real GPU or am I getting scammed ?

Lalit Kumar
Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

Ati Radeon HD 5770 with the same shroud 馃槈

Sapphire Radeon HD5770 Grafikkarte: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubeh枚r

Edit: And that's a 6770.

Sapphire Radeon HD6770 Grafikkarte: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubeh枚r

Hey so I'm looking for an old AMD GPU for kvm and found a listing for Sapphire R7 250X. This is the image he posted on the listing. I am confused here. The sticker below Radeon is peeled off and I couldn't find a similar looking card when I googled Sapphire R7 250X 1GB ? It's a 4 hour drive so I just wanted some input here before I go out checking this GPU. Thanks !

spacer.png

Thanks everyone ! He bailed out while I asked him for a Furmark video lol.

34 minutes ago, Lalit Kumar said:

Thanks everyone ! He bailed out while I asked him for a Furmark video lol.

Yeah, definitely an HD 6770. You can probably find a super decent deal for a basic display card online. Have it shipped directly to instead of having to drive for hours to pick it up. Gas cost alone for a drive of that length is more than if you were to just buy a GT 730 brand new and have it shipped to you.

Main Desktop:CPU - i9-14900k聽|聽Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4聽|聽GPU- ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090聽|聽RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz聽|聽AIO- H150i Pro XT聽|聽PSU- Corsair RM1000X |聽Case- Phanteks P500A Digital - White聽|聽Storage- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB聽 |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4- Phantom Black 512GB |

On 4/3/2022 at 11:24 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

Yeah, definitely an HD 6770. You can probably find a super decent deal for a basic display card online. Have it shipped directly to instead of having to drive for hours to pick it up. Gas cost alone for a drive of that length is more than if you were to just buy a GT 730 brand new and have it shipped to you.

I'm looking into AMD gpus right now. I recently started exploring KVMs and I was successful in making a few Windows VMs with Dual and Single NVIDIA GPUs. I wanted to do a Mac OS one. He replied tho, he said he doesn't know much about GPUs and he'd sell it to me for around 25$. I didn't go through with the deal mainly because the 6770 can only run upto 10.13 which i've already tried on my GTX 1050.

3 hours ago, Lalit Kumar said:

I'm looking into AMD gpus right now. I recently started exploring KVMs and I was successful in making a few Windows VMs with Dual and Single NVIDIA GPUs. I wanted to do a Mac OS one. He replied tho, he said he doesn't know much about GPUs and he'd sell it to me for around 25$. I didn't go through with the deal mainly because the 6770 can only run upto 10.13 which i've already tried on my GTX 1050.

AMD doesn't really make basic display cards, at least not like Nvidia does, you're going to be looking at the RX line if it needs to be a newer card. I'd recommend looking at the recommended specs for what you're trying to accomplish before going out and buying whatever card you can. As for MacOS virtual machines I don't know a whole lot. I do have a buddy who has a "hackintosh" build using pretty old hardware and he was still able to get Big Sur on it. If I remember correctly it's a 4th Gen i5 with a GTX 650 and at least with having MacOS actually installed on the machine it works with the newer versions of MacOS on his old hardware.

Main Desktop:CPU - i9-14900k聽|聽Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4聽|聽GPU- ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090聽|聽RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz聽|聽AIO- H150i Pro XT聽|聽PSU- Corsair RM1000X |聽Case- Phanteks P500A Digital - White聽|聽Storage- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB聽 |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4- Phantom Black 512GB |