Silverstone TJ11 OR TJ07

ckoons1

I've seen both and the TJ07 is for sure better build quality but looks like the 900D has more features

I've seen both and the TJ07 is for sure better build quality but looks like the 900D has more features

The features are just gimmicks

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I don't think so. Having tool-less bays and cable management holes are kind of essential for any high-end case these days.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Don't want a case that will get dented if I drop something like an iPad on top of it.

Well i would be more worried about the IPad shattering than the case denting anyway :P But end of topic please, I think the OP is done here.

So are you guys done now? Lol...

Well... I wouldn't say that..

The 900D is a "one size fits all" type of product.. Except it proberly being too big and expensive for many people..

It is designed for many different system types, and so some of the features will only be benefitial for one system, and others to another system...

I'd say pretty much everything in the 900D is usefull... No real gimmicks...

Same with the Tj11 and TJ07.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

So are you guys done now? Lol...

Finally :P Just some friendly debates :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Better for cheaper? Sure there's lain like cases and other cases out there but. You better not be putting any of corsairs cases on that list.

The 900d is a cheaply made case. That's why it's priced so much lower. It's a flimsy case, that's a fact not an opinion. Corsair uses really thin metal, terrible choice, might result in cheaper price but ends up with a cheaply built case.

It's really not that flimsy once things are in it tbh, the only part that's more flimsy then I'm comfortable with is like the last 1 inch of the motherboard tray towards the PSU, if you were to go 4 way crossfire/ SLI and needed something in that bottom slot of your motherboard, it's a bit of a pain.

I meant better as in better for the price. If the TJ11 was the same price as a 900D it would be a pretty good value but it is nowhere near worth $700.

Imo if someone was spending 700$ on a case it should be a caselabs, dam those things are nice xD

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Imo if someone was spending 700$ on a case it should be a caselabs, dam those things are nice xD

IKR! Dat Magnum SMA8 though ;)

My Current Build: 

Also wanted to pitch in on this list, from my personal view :P

1,2 - Asthetics is personal preference, though I agree and I think it looks better, plus it is incredible at cooling.. I've only got 3 fans in my case atm, the two 180mm's and a 120mm on a single rad for my CPU... My GPU is a closed cooling desing, and it REVVED in my old case, but now I mostly only hear it when my pc boots, other than that, it stays cool AND silent.

3 - TJ07 got the same thing.

5 - The cable management is actually not these cases strongest point, though it's not bad.. I've seen better, but nothing really compares to the 900D in that regard.

1,2 Preference? Everyone would prefer an item to be 3D rather than 2D.

3 Didnt know that but that just shows how genious Silverstone was considering the case is nearly 10 years old

5 Not really http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/11082_588920711135980_1132679523_n.jpg If you know how to manage it, it will look cleaner than in a 900D. How the pcie cables are visible in the 900D looks awful to that guys TJ11 build. It's not easy as a 900D but if you're going with such cases you should be mastered in cable management

does anyone know how much easier it is to dismantle the TJ07 then the TJ11?

I think they are about the same.

I would go with tj11. That's me tho. But thoes 180mm fans and the bottom to top airflow is not possible to beat. Plus interior is painted. And I like it better.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i like the tj07 more but it is not really relevant anymore to buy because its so old now i say if you need the space and not the motherboard thing what the tj11 has go whith the Phanteks enthoo primo if you really want the motherboard thing go with the tj11 i dont like the motherboard thing but that is just me :D

I wonna know, why does it seem like so many are biased towards the 900D?

It's a great case, great quality, good value for those who wants such a big case, and who can take advantage of all of the features it presents..?

- Cool right?

I wonna know, why does it seem like so many are biased towards the 900D?

It's a great case, great quality, good value for those who wants such a big case, and who can take advantage of all of the features it presents..?

Because the guy wants a higher quality case

That's not gonna play a role tbh.. Like I mentioned, I dissasembled alot of my Tj11 and it's really easy to work with.. There's quite a few components to keep track of, but it's not that bad.

From my limited experience with the TJ11, it's a breeze to work with :)

- Cool right?

Because the guy wants a higher quality case

Well.. Okay, it's a bit off topic since he's asking about the TJ's.

Still seems like alot are biased and is against it, just to be against it... Doesn't matter much here anyways, just my own observation.

- Cool right?

snip

Like I told you before "some just don't get it", you do and that's all that matters ;)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

leaning towards the TJ07 for the build quality and simplicity of it

leaning towards the TJ07 for the build quality and simplicity of it

WHatever you want the most. Build quality is about the same. Either one woiuld be a great choise. I like the tj11 due to the bottom to top cooling and the painted intereior but it is your choise.

TJ07B-3-4-02.jpgTJ11-34View.jpg

both excellent :D

Couldn't agree more..

There's some mind-blowing builds out there with both cases.. The 07 being the more popular choice - Proberly because of the cheaper price and smaller size :P

- Cool right?

I like the simplicity of the TJ07 in case I want to have it powder coated or dismantle to change radiator etc... it is easier to

dismantle because its not as complex as the TJ11

I like the simplicity of the TJ07 in case I want to have it powder coated or dismantle to change radiator etc... it is easier to

dismantle because its not as complex as the TJ11

They are not really different in complexity but you do what you want.