Silverstone TJ11 OR TJ07

ckoons1

I meant better as in better for the price. If the TJ11 was the same price as a 900D it would be a pretty good value but it is nowhere near worth $700.

The ft02 is pretty good tho for the price

If price didn't matter I would be mutual between the 900D and the TJ11.

and the tj11 would eb great if you could find one used for 400-500 and/or if you had lots of money

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

what about the TJ07?

Doesnt have as good airflow and has non painted interior.

I say look at ft02 still, cheaper and still great for WC

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I like the TJ11 but it weighs a ton

I like the 900D but it seems the aluminum is thin

which leaves the TJ07

I guess the TJ07 could be powder coated internally

which leaves the TJ07

What about the ft02? It still has great wc with 540mm rad space

what about the TJ07?

TJ07 is still quite expensive for what you get. The thickness of the aluminum really doesn't matter because with such a huge case you won't be moving it very much. I suggest you look at some other high-end full towers other than Silverstones.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I actually like the Silverstone ft02, and it cost much less than a TJ11 plus it's still made very well. 

Yeah like i said. And yoiu can still 540m,mm wc it and great air cooling too.

which leaves the TJ07

The TJ07 is 12KG or in other words 12 liters of water and the TJ11 is 17kg, not much of a difference imo considering when you're installing everything into it you can take the motherboard tray out in 3 seconds time by just removing the thumb screws makes the installation just a breeze. Just a few reasons why you shouldn't get a 900D, it's just a box with some holes for 120mm fans and a window that's literally not justifying any of its 350$ price tag. I can make one in a few minutes for a lot cheaper if you like. The motherboard tray warps like a national flag. Theyre just nowhere in the league of a TJ11.

Few advantages you get from a TJ11 over any case incl the TJ07:

* 90° rotated MB shows more perspectives of your gpu's rather than just the back and side.

* better airflow thanks to its 90° rotation and the AP181 that move a lot of air and have a great sound quality compared to most 120mm fans

* Complety modular & easy to mod, everything in this case can be disassembled extremely fast the case is just screwed in together

* Better SSD mounting: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/news/ct10-silverstone-tj11-7.jpg

* Better cable management, tip put some cables under the motherboard for a cleaner look

* No internal usb headers, rather like this: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/11/silverstone-tj11-preview/tj11-9.jpg for a cleaner look

* Fans are kinda semi-passive like a gpu on the low switch when controlled by Asus fan xpert because at idle the voltage the board gives isn't enough for them so they don't spin at idle.

* Better radiator support

* Option to copypaste this guy's build: youtube.com/watch?v=LpBKNGJ90cY

The TJ07 is 12KG or in other words 12 liters of water and the TJ11 is 17kg, not much of a difference imo considering when you're installing everything into it you can take the motherboard tray out in 3 seconds time by just removing the thumb screws makes the installation just a breeze. Just a few reasons why you shouldn't get a 900D, it's just a box with some holes for 120mm fans and a window that's literally not justifying any of its 350$ price tag. I can make one in a few minutes for a lot cheaper if you like. The motherboard tray warps like a national flag. Theyre just nowhere in the league of a TJ11.

* 90° rotated MB shows more perspectives of your gpu's rather than just the back and side.

* better airflow thanks to its 90° rotation and the AP181 that move a lot of air and have a great sound quality compared to most 120mm fans

* Complety modular & easy to mod, everything in this case can be disassembled extremely fast the case is just screwed in together

* Better SSD mounting: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/news/ct10-silverstone-tj11-7.jpg

* Better cable management, tip put some cables under the motherboard for a cleaner look

* No internal usb headers, rather like this: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/11/silverstone-tj11-preview/tj11-9.jpg for a cleaner look

* Fans are kinda semi-passive like a gpu on the low switch when controlled by Asus fan xpert because at idle the voltage the board gives isn't enough for them so they don't spin at idle.

Exactly. And the ft02 is a good choise for a smaller budget and can still have ba 540mm and a120mm rad for 660mm rad space

thx guys I have my thinking cap on :)

Don't listen to the people who say to get the other cases. Once you go Silverstone you will never go back

TJ-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big ass case for all your cooling (water, air), drives, fans, CPU coolers, cable management access space, and freaking solid as a tank. Of course the ever so cool cooling design of having the mobo back facing up or out the top, aids natural heat convection, nothing like following mother nature in getting cooling optimized.

Lets let recent TJ-11 owner @XzzDSA pitch in on this :D

I have the FT-02 and envy the TJ-11, should of gotten it when I could or was doing my last build.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I like the way they both lookbut im thinking the TJ07 may be easier to mod and work in

They are both very easy to work with in that regard.. No rivets, and you can completely dissasemble them... There's plenty of room in both cases to do whatever you imagine doing with them ;)

will be water cooling

Both very viable, though one thing that neither the TJ07 or the TJ11 have, is a bracket for mounting radiators in their cellers...  So you would basicly have to either mod it, make a bracket yourself so it sticks.. Or do like linus and use some 'adhesive velcro tape'. Seems to work alright as long as you don't move it around a whole lot.

For the 900D, it comes with mounting for radiators in the celler.

I think what it is about the Silverstone cases is that the aluminum is incredibly thick

YEP. Very solid cases, no flex anywhere... I've had to tear most of my TJ11 appart to mount a set of new 180mm... Let me tell you, every single part, feels incredibly strong.

what if price was irrelevant

Comes down to personal preferance... TJ11 is my choice of these three, but ONLY because I got it 50% off.

which leaves the TJ07

- They all weigh a ton... (I specifically did not want the 900D because it is just TOOOOO big).

- No personal experience with the 900D, though when it is all put together it should be pretty solid, not sure about individual parts strength.

- You could powder coat it, but that's proberly not going to be very cheap, and it's going to take time, unless you are doing it yourself.

The thing is with the TJ07... It really starts to show that it soon is 10 years old..(yes, it is actually that old)...

Silverstone makes them as an anniversary model... In 05, it was the TJ07.. in 10, it was the TJ11... And guess what, next year they'll proberly do another one, so that's another thing to keep in mind...

But however you wonna turn and twist it.. Every single one of those cases are VERY solid...

So whichever you pick, as long as you pick it for reasonable reasons, I don't think you are going to get dissapointed :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

* No internal usb headers, rather like this: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/11/silverstone-tj11-preview/tj11-9.jpg for a cleaner look

Also wanted to pitch in on this list, from my personal view :P

1,2 - Asthetics is personal preference, though I agree and I think it looks better, plus it is incredible at cooling.. I've only got 3 fans in my case atm, the two 180mm's and a 120mm on a single rad for my CPU... My GPU is a closed cooling desing, and it REVVED in my old case, but now I mostly only hear it when my pc boots, other than that, it stays cool AND silent.

3 - TJ07 got the same thing.

5 - The cable management is actually not these cases strongest point, though it's not bad.. I've seen better, but nothing really compares to the 900D in that regard.

- Cool right?

Still don't think it's even close to worth it to buy such an expensive case when there is better for cheaper.

Better for cheaper? Sure there's lain like cases and other cases out there but. You better not be putting any of corsairs cases on that list.

The 900d is a cheaply made case. That's why it's priced so much lower. It's a flimsy case, that's a fact not an opinion. Corsair uses really thin metal, terrible choice, might result in cheaper price but ends up with a cheaply built case.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Better for cheaper? Sure there's lain like cases and other cases out there but. You better not be putting any of corsairs cases on that list.

The 900d is a cheaply made case. That's why it's priced so much lower. It's a flimsy case, that's a fact not an opinion. Corsair uses really thin metal, terrible choice, might result in cheaper price but ends up with a cheaply built case.

I know that the Corsair cases are more cheaply made and are made of thinner metal etc. but they have amazing features and look amazing and with cases such as the 900D you will not be moving that thing around once you get your system built in it :P

I am not saying that Corsair/CoolerMaster/Phanteks cases are as well built as Silverstones or Lian Li's but they more cheaply made cases generally have much better features, look better and are cheaper.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I know that the Corsair cases are more cheaply made and are made of thinner metal etc. but they have amazing features and look amazing and with cases such as the 900D you will not be moving that thing around once you get your system built in it :P

I am not saying that Corsair/CoolerMaster/Phanteks cases are as well built as Silverstones or Lian Li's but they more cheaply made cases generally have much better features, look better and are cheaper.

900D looks kind of stupid next to the TJ11 or TJ07, specifically because of that Extended 5.25 drive cover that they did.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

900D looks kind of stupid next to the TJ11 or TJ07, specifically because of that Extended 5.25 drive cover that they did.

You can't seriously be telling me this: hof7.jpg

looks better than this: 

900d_hero_empty_BigProductImage.png

Are you joking? :/

My Current Build: 

You can't seriously be telling me this: hof7.jpg

looks better than this: 

900d_hero_empty_BigProductImage.png

It does. The TJ07 looks much better than the 900d.....

Lol guys... When are you going to stop this pointless argument?

Asthetics are subjektive... The quality of the 900D is good. Just because you don't use thick metal all around, doesn't mean that it's bad quality and going to fall apart... A metal construction can just as well be of bad quality... It's not about which materials you use, but how you use them...

And if corsair can shave some of the price off by using other types of materials, you should be happy as a consumer :)

- Cool right?

It does. The TJ07 looks much better than the 900d.....

Well I seriously don't understand how you find the TJ07 better looking but to everyone their own opinion :) No point in fighting with strangers online :P

My Current Build: 

Lol guys... When are you going to stop this pointless argument?

Asthetics are subjektive... The quality of the 900D is good. Just because you don't use thick metal all around, doesn't mean that it's bad quality and going to fall apart... A metal construction can just as well be of bad quality... It's not about which materials you use, but how you use them...

And if corsair can shave some of the price off by using other types of materials, you should be happy as a consumer :)

Don't want a case that will get dented if I drop something like an iPad on top of it.

Don't want a case that will get dented if I drop something like an iPad on top of it.

Well i would be more worried about the IPad shattering than the case denting anyway :P But end of topic please, I think the OP is done here.

My Current Build: 

Well i would be more worried about the IPad shattering than the case denting anyway :P But end of topic please, I think the OP is done here.

Yeah he has not said anything in a while its just us argueing.

Both cases look awesome, but you really have to see them in person to appreciate the difference and how gorgeous the TJ07 is.  Just ignore the bare metal finish on the interior and picture it painted lol.