Do ATX test benches exist? Like, are they a thing?

5GigsOrBust
Go to solution Solved by For Science!,

Dumb question, but seriously its not easy to find an ATX test bench. I see cheap crappy-looking ones for under usd $100, and I included a picture of those below for comedic value. I also found something from Praxis that costs over $200. Why would a test bench cost more than a decent full case?!  I would go for the cheap one but I'm gonna be running a 420 rad so I need something more sturdy. First time buying a test bench so idk if the market is always this crappy or its a more recent supply chain thing. I see decent-looking test benches in tech videos, so I know they exist somewhere, but I can't find anything online. I'm getting desperate enough to consider something like the Core P3, but its not really a test bench. As stated, I've included a picture below of the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid, any recommendations are appreciated.

51M6ztJ3wXL._AC_SY1000_.jpg.c50ec422b123f8fe7af993a2a6a673bc.jpg

10850k@ 52x all-core, 1.38v

Maximus XII Formula

16gb 4000 xmp Viper B-die @ 4330 16-16-16-36 1.52v daily 

RTX 3070ti Aorus Master

970 Evo 500GB

RM750x

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

Test benches exist, the reason they are often MORE expensive than a case is due to the following:

Often full aluminum construction, sometimes CNC'd

Low volume

The target market for testing hardware is very niche

Yeah makes sense, I was wondering if that would be a factor. Idk why I thought it would be easier to find a decent one.

16 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Hilarious. Clearly that's the answer

10850k@ 52x all-core, 1.38v

Maximus XII Formula

16gb 4000 xmp Viper B-die @ 4330 16-16-16-36 1.52v daily 

RTX 3070ti Aorus Master

970 Evo 500GB

RM750x

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

13 hours ago, 5GigsOrBust said:

Hilarious. Clearly that's the answer

You think I'm joking.  The wood is superior because it doesn't conduct.  You don't need risers as long as you don't screw in anything to tight.  A few 90 degree braces allow you to create a "drop in" compartment for the PSU.  Just beware that the PCI brackets will need to hang over the edge to fit and won't have any support beyond the slot on the mobo.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...