please help me with my computer problem

wilbot

Hello. I have had a problem with my computer for quite a while now. It happens every other day or so and just havent been bothered to fix it. i don't know how to fix it and i've been been trying to google and figure out what could be the problem but i just cant figure it out.

The problem: whenever i've been on my pc for a while it starts to freeze. At first the tabs mostly freeze and i can only switch through the tabs but then more and more stuff start to freeze and im completely unable to do anything about it. Even if i realize it quick enough, it won't let me restart the computer on the windows start menu, so i just have to hold the button on my PC for a while. I suspect that it has something to do with the ram due to one of the ram sticks (the one closest to the CPU) isn't matching its colours with the other one. I have G.skill tridentZ rgb ram and i think it has something to do with them being out of sync. I don't think its because of the PC parts being to old or anything because i built the computer only a few months ago.

I have no idea how to fix this and ive had the problem for a few months now, if you have experienced this yourself or you know how to fix it please help.

This is very specific and I am not saying it is your issue, but I had a similar issue a while ago. I found that when my system started to do the freeze, like you tabs would start to freeze, sound might get garbled... then it would lock. I would be forced to restart. I somehow found out that it was a bad onboard NIC... and from that moment on, whenever it froze, I could unfreeze it by unplugging my ethernet cable for a second and plug it back in.

Like I said super specific, and would be amazed if it was the same thing. But figured I'd mention it just in case.

-- Moved to Troubleshooting --

The Guides and Tutorials section is for guides/tutorials you've made, while the Troubleshooting section is for asking help with hardware/software issues you're facing.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/