Suggestion on Washing Machine in German

so my friend is going to german and looking for a washing machine. i think is better if u guys suggest both washing machine and washing machine with Dryer.

Budget : 300euro for washing machine only

can stretch budget with dryer

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

44 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

so my friend is going to german and looking for a washing machine. i think is better if u guys suggest both washing machine and washing machine with Dryer.

Budget : 300euro for washing machine only

can stretch budget with dryer

My memory is that washing machine is a gegentile (sp?) so it’s a very similar word to English.  Water is much more expensive in Germany so they tend to go with vertical style as it uses less water, and they tend to use seriously hot water to was their clothes.  They also make small ventless combo units for use in older apartments because building code in Germany is a lot more hardcore than in the US. A lot of construction is post-and-beam with railroad tie thick woodstock, so buildings tend to cost more and last longer.  So more apartments are old apartments.  I’m only some that familiar with EU brands, and only the ones that export to the US.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

22 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My memory is that washing machine is a gegentile (sp?) so it’s a very similar word to English

Do you mean a cognate?

- Word that sounds the same/similar as a word in another language and has the same/similar meaning

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

Do you mean a cognate?

- Word that sounds the same/similar as a word in another language and has the same/similar meaning

Yes.  That’s not the German word though.  Cognate is not a gagentile (or however is spelled.  That is at least vaguely phonetic) German has almost no pronunciation exceptions in it.  One would think I would be able to spell German better.  I never learned to read it though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It also actually depends on for how many people he wants to wash clothes for. A small toploader is big enough for many, but if he needs more capacity a used Miele actually is his best bet.