Need recommendations for a friends build

Budget (including currency): Max $2500, $2000 target.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: After effects, various 3D modeling, mid-heavy gaming such as Risk of Rain 2, Grounded, Elden Ring, and Ghostwire Tokyo.

A friend of mine is looking to upgrade from a garbage tire laptop to a desktop for gaming and 3D modeling/after effects work for school. I've never done a build focused outside of gaming workloads and my knowledge is rusty as hell so I'd appreciate some help. He needs to wirelessly connect to the internet, he's working with a somewhat constrained space, see attached photo, and is looking for a larger 1440p 120Hz display with decent color accuracy. Personally I believe with such space constraints a micro-ATX or mini-ITX build with the Wi-Fi built into the motherboard is the best bet here. Last time I paid attention a build like this would have used a high core count Ryzen chip with high capacity fast RAM but I'm unsure if hardware has changed much over the years and I do not know how to look for a monitor with good color accuracy. If PC parts need to have a larger budget allocated to them, such as the GPU, my friend is ok with a 1080p display. Given the market used GPU's are acceptable as well.

Edit: Anyone got a good keyboard recommendation as well? I'm rocking a model M and a Razer Death Adder Elite and I'm certain this is not a good combo to recommend to anyone for gaming lol. He wants something RGB if possible and I personally trust Razer but I'm open to all recommendations.

IMG_3786.jpg

Edited by HeroRareheart

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($312.96 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B660M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($112.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($829.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($96.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($166.09 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 Slim PWM PST 41.1 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($8.00 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 Slim PWM PST 41.1 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($8.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: G.Skill KM360 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1914.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-21 15:24 EDT-0400

Monitor is a bit trickier. Can get a bit expensive if you need good colors and high refresh rate.

1 minute ago, Jeppes said:

Monitor is a bit trickier. Can get a bit expensive if you need good colors and high refresh rate.

So basically one or the other then?

8 minutes ago, HeroRareheart said:

So basically one or the other then?

Gaming focused monitor if it's a one or the other choice.