Your Mining Rig Setup

I've got a 7870 that mines when I'm not gaming. (so 22/21 hours a day) it makes 10 dollars every two days or so, I'm happy with this performance (I'm getting an SSD off of this income soon)

Edited by Whaler_99
Removed content re: CoC

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I also use a 7870. I mine from 11pm - 7am as I have different off peak/on peak electricity prices.

Good Morning...

I've got a 7870 that mines when I'm not gaming. (so 22/21 hours a day) it makes 10 dollars every two days or so, I'm happy with this performance (I'm getting an SSD off of this income soon)

also, if anyone is interested in buying bitcoins long term (basically buying what I've got every week or so @ mtgox prices) send me a message. I'm perfectly happy to skype/steam chat if you like to discuss any details, etc. 

First - just do a search - there are actually a bunch of bitcoin and litecoin threads.

Second, I have edited and delete some of your post. Please note, as per the CoC there is no advertising nor do we allow users to sell items on the forum. We are working on a trading center for this.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

First - just do a search - there are actually a bunch of bitcoin and litecoin threads.

Second, I have edited and delete some of your post. Please note, as per the CoC there is no advertising nor do we allow users to sell items on the forum. We are working on a trading center for this.

I didn't see any mining rig threads, I should say.

didn't realize. sorry.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I didn't see any mining rig threads, I should say.

didn't realize. sorry.

Gotcha, and you are correct - not sure anythign specific to mining rig setups.

As for the other, no worries - just letting ya know. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I also edited the title for you. :)

I have 2x 7970, 1 7950 and 1 6870 mining litecoins when ever I'm not gaming.

This setup makes me $15 a day a current litecoin prices, not that I'm selling.

dIMAG0373_zps06d953eb.jpg

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

PCIe extensions, I assume?

nice setup. are you mining for a pool?

Daily Driver:

Yes and yes. With PCI-E 1x to 16x extension I can run up yo four cards on the top and keep them all nice and cool. I will be adding more shortly. My 6870 is still in the case, there is a fan blowing through what used to be the bottom of the case and directly into the blower style fan. With this kind of setup the top  cards run about 70 degrees as oppose to 90+ sandwiched together in a gaming case. 

I mine for a pool because I want to see a return on this setup and am not just hoping I get lucky and actually find a block. I am in netcodepool.org and would highly recommend it for someone starting out. The pool is around 175 MH/s which is big enough to see a steady payout, but they still are glad to help the little guy get started and help with settings and configuration.

I would highly recommend mining  litecoins and not bitcoins if you are using GPUs and just starting mining. 

man i cant wait to get my rig up it will look so nice like some of your guys'

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I have 2x 7970, 1 7950 and 1 6870 mining litecoins when ever I'm not gaming.

This setup makes me $15 a day a current litecoin prices, not that I'm selling.

dIMAG0373_zps06d953eb.jpg

Impressive rig setup!

I don't have much for pictures because they are all just in my computer but I have a 6870 and 7850 mining Litecoins and then when I am not on my computer, I'll run my 680 a bit for the extra 80 or so kh/s lol

I don't have much for pictures because they are all just in my computer but I have a 6870 and 7850 mining Litecoins and then when I am not on my computer, I'll run my 680 a bit for the extra 80 or so kh/s lol

You can do solo CUDA mining with the 680 and get impressive KH/s

Interested in Business and Technology

I'm currently running a 7850 mining litecoins 24/7 beacause my cpu can't really handle good games  :)IMG_20130509_172125_zps28b59602.jpg It mines about 1 Ltc Per 2 days. (im using ltcmine.ru as my pool )

You can do solo CUDA mining with the 680 and get impressive KH/s

How is that?

I'm currently running a 7850 mining litecoins 24/7 beacause my cpu can't really handle good games   :) It mines about 1 Ltc Per 2 days. (im using ltcmine.ru as my pool )

I would remove it from the window - any sunlight be bad - increase your temps...

I would remove it from the window - any sunlight be bad - increase your temps...

There is no direct sunlight coming from that window, but yes, that is only a temporarely solution because if i put my pc in a case my room tem rises to 30 degrees celsius.

There is no direct sunlight coming from that window, but yes, that is only a temporarely solution because if i put my pc in a case my room tem rises to 30 degrees celsius.

I feel your pain, when I had my 7970s in my gaming PC in my bedroom they nearly roasted me alive.

The current rig: p8h77-v, i3-3220, refurb 2.5"hdd 520w silent pro and the main component: Sapphire 7950 3GB with Boost, great oc with great temps and reasonable noise. All fitted in an Haf XB

To be the rigs: (currently busy with getting investors)

5 or more of these:

4 Way ATX motherboard (not decided)

i3-3220

refurb 2.5" hdd

4x 7990 (yes 8 gpu/rig)

1500w psu, don't know which one yet

Haf XB, small stackable and good cooling with option to mount a 200mm on top of the gpu's

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

The current rig: p8h77-v, i3-3220, refurb 2.5"hdd 520w silent pro and the main component: Sapphire 7950 3GB with Boost, great oc with great temps and reasonable noise. All fitted in an Haf XB

To be the rigs: (currently busy with getting investors)

5 or more of these:

4 Way ATX motherboard (not decided)

i3-3220

refurb 2.5" hdd

4x 7990 (yes 8 gpu/rig)

1500w psu, don't know which one yet

Haf XB, small stackable and good cooling with option to mount a 200mm on top of the gpu's

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:  You will fry your 1500w PSU and massively overheat a few $1000 graphic cards like that. Also your case only has 7 expansion slots, good luck fitting 4 cards in there. 

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:  You will fry your 1500w PSU and massively overheat a few $1000 graphic cards like that. Also your case only has 7 expansion slots, good luck fitting 4 cards in there. 

I just calculated the power consumption and looks like the gpu only will take 1500w lol, guess i will go with an 1200 and 750 or someting. Overheating won't be a problem i guess since you can point multiple high pressure fans to it (200mm top and 2x140 front)

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

Does this hardcore mining damage your components?

Chris P. Bacon is my name. Not Lord_Christiani.

This guy is helping people including me.

Chris P. Bacon is my name. Not Lord_Christiani.

Does this hardcore mining damage your components?

Yes and no.... components ARE designed to run for quite a while under normal circumstances. Folding and mining put a lot of stress on the card in terms of temp and constant voltage. So, yes, you will wear out your components faster then if you didn't. How quickly? Hard to say. But, as I have stated before, I think you would be looking to upgrade a component before it died anyways. Course, I am not sure, I have no clue the MTBF on most video cards, which I am not sure you can even find out. :)

Just ensure you have a top quality power supply for a constant and clean voltage and excellent air cooling. 

I just calculated the power consumption and looks like the gpu only will take 1500w lol, guess i will go with an 1200 and 750 or someting. Overheating won't be a problem i guess since you can point multiple high pressure fans to it (200mm top and 2x140 front)

Scrap the HAF XB - only holds 3 dual slots and that 200mm isn't very effective when the cards are sandwiched together. I actually run mine with the roof panel off.

For a "case" check out HIghpoints new mining tech stations. They have a second GPU area above the first, for use with pci-e expanders. Looks very nice. Or one of our members, Spotswood, also make custom tech cases. Talk with him...