Your Mining Rig Setup

how would a gigabyte 7870 OC'd to 1160mhz and stock memory do? would it be worth it to switch from bitcoin to litecoin?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

how would a gigabyte 7870 OC'd to 1160mhz and stock memory do? would it be worth it to switch from bitcoin to litecoin?

Well for litecoins you would OC the memory and probably back off the core. If it is worth it or not depends on what you think is going to happen to the future prices of bitcoin and litecoin. Personal I am stocking up on litecoins in the hopes that as they are more widely accepted and traded the price will go up. Also with ASICs potentially taking over bitcoin mining I have no interest in jumping in now.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

true. ASIC's are expensive though.

I bet that if it comes to the point where I'm making less than .1 BTC a week I'll stop.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

true. ASIC's are expensive though.

I bet that if it comes to the point where I'm making less than .1 BTC a week I'll stop.

The problem with ASICs are that it something happens and bitcoin becomes worthless you are stuck with something that nobody else will want either. If litecoin goes down I will be stuck with GPUs that I can use to set me and my frriends up will some awesome gaming machines.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

exactly.

Daily Driver:

I curently have a 7970 which I am going to set up to litecoin mine intensively in my server over the summer. How much do you guys think 2 7970 cards will make me. A month not factoring in electricity costs because they dont matter and the cards will be running 24/7.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

What is an ASIC?

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors

What is an ASIC?

It is a mining device such as a Bitforce single or Bitforce Jalapeno from ButterflyLabs