what car do you drive, is computers your only hobby

Rommer2258

i have a 1985 Mercedes Benz 190e w201

2.3L nice, bloody sweet engine, I've worked on quite a few

my 190E has a some problems can i ask you guys about them? like at around 90kmh the steering wheel vibrates a bit and i can feall the car slightly vibrating and it pulls to the left. also there is a clatering sound in the engen and some one said that it sound like my Tapits are out of sink or need new oil change. um also my powerstiring is leeking and i cant find where it is leeking from and i cant even find the power stiring aswell.  can find where to fill it up but other than that im lost.... any one in Austraila QLD? that could come and have a look at it and see if they can tell me about it? if they are in to cars/this car that much?

Also sorry if this is not what im sposto be talking about its just as i saw some people have worked on them i was hopeing they could help me because i cant find any one that knows any thing on this age of car.

Not even my bf that works at Ford.

Here is my baby, becoming rare, she is a bit sunburnt but i'm building up some money to finish her off. 1990 Toyota MR2 JDM Import.

535367_10151222768373911_1954265795_n.jp

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin. 

VW Bora -02

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Currently driving e46 BMW, 330i m-sport. Hoping that I can change it to e90 3 litre diesel during next autumn.

Holden Colorado nice, is that a proper Holden or a rebadged Chevolet?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Yeah^^ they are really easy to work on and pull really well

But the radiator is TINY... it's like a ribbed pipett. So the black one's engine overheated and seized up in traffic :( (hence the v8 swap)

Mercedes V8 or something from another car?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

my 190E has a some problems can i ask you guys about them? like at around 90kmh the steering wheel vibrates a bit and i can feall the car slightly vibrating and it pulls to the left. also there is a clatering sound in the engen and some one said that it sound like my Tapits are out of sink or need new oil change. um also my powerstiring is leeking and i cant find where it is leeking from and i cant even find the power stiring aswell.  can find where to fill it up but other than that im lost.... any one in Austraila QLD? that could come and have a look at it and see if they can tell me about it? if they are in to cars/this car that much?

Also sorry if this is not what im sposto be talking about its just as i saw some people have worked on them i was hopeing they could help me because i cant find any one that knows any thing on this age of car.

The steering wheel vibrations can be one of many things. From a simple wheel balance issue to worn busshings or warped brake disks.

Id have to listen to the engine's clatter to be able to figure out that one.. sorry. (mine ticks a bit if i run it on anything lower than 95 octane)

If im able to go to my garage today i'll have a look at the power steering and check for any possible leak spots.. no guarantees though.

I hope either me or firefox are able to help you^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The vibrating steering wheel I would say that you may have lost some balance weights, I'd take it to a garage and let them re-balance the wheels.

I would also have the wheels tracked up, if they aren't then they could make the vehicle pull to one side

Mercedes V8 or something from another car?

Been looking around for something like a 350 chevy v8.

But the black benz project will take about 3 years. since im going to make some serious modifications to the body too

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Been looking around for something like a 350 chevy v8.

But the black benz project will take about 3 years. since im going to make some serious modifications to the body too

That could be quite interesting :)

I had an idea a while ago that I'd like to do in Australia, I can't be arsed with doing here in the UK but I want to get a hold of a 560 SEC (condition I'm not really bothered about) and completely gut it and start again, the engine I was thinking about is the old M120 V12 engine that is slightly tweaked to around 460bhp (400bhp or so standard) and jet black wheels and body.

I don't want to change much on the outside because I think it looks pretty nice and I don't want to loose the sophistication :)

This is what I'm thinking of doing, just without the horrible wheels.

319812d1279475999-1986-mercedes-benz-560

Also picture is not my properly, all credit goes to them

That could be quite interesting :)

I had an idea a while ago that I'd like to do in Australia, I can't be arsed with doing here in the UK but I want to get a hold of a 560 SEC (condition I'm not really bothered about) and completely gut it and start again, the engine I was thinking about is the old M120 V12 engine that is slightly tweaked to around 460bhp (400bhp or so standard) and jet black wheels and body.

I don't want to change much on the outside because I think it looks pretty nice and I don't want to loose the sophistication :)

This is what I'm thinking of doing, just without the horrible wheels.

319812d1279475999-1986-mercedes-benz-560

Also picture is not my properly, all credit goes to them

Almost looks like the amg hammer^^ and 460hp in that would probably be just about perfect.

Personally i am shooting for around 600hp and about 900-1000kg with my benz project :D

You'll be the first person outside my family that will see this picture. but i kinda want to show it since you shared yours190espeedsteropen_zps89d1643a.jpg

I drive a Seat Ibiza Model 2007 (Though I bought it as a 2009 model) 1.6L engine.

0546670-SEAT-Ibiza-1.4-16V-100-bhp-Sensa 

Though mine is a darker blue.

Almost looks like the amg hammer^^ and 460hp in that would probably be just about perfect.

Personally i am shooting for around 600hp and about 900-1000kg with my benz project :D

You'll be the first person outside my family that will see this picture. but i kinda want to show it since you shared yours190espeedsteropen_zps89d1643a.jpg

If you didn't want anyone else to see that you could a messaged me, the picture I posted was just from the net :P

Also looks pretty cool, not sure about the cut roof but it's the first design I've seen like that :)

The last few minutes I've been having second thoughts about the V12, I think I'd sooner keep the original 5.6L Merc V8 due to the insane sound, might have a look at forced induction, I'm sure there is enough room for a small but effective supercharger that shouldn't sap too much engine power.

I'm driving an Opel Corsa or Vauxhaul Corsa depending where you live. It's an okay car for driving around the city and short autobahn runs, but not much else. 70Hp combined with 1200kg of weight it's not the quickest. 

Gonna post some pictures later. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

That's interesting! Will you just chop and weld, or will you do some engineering work as well? Reinforce the chassis to compensate for the roof etc?

If you didn't want anyone else to see that you could a messaged me, the picture I posted was just from the net :P

Also looks pretty cool, not sure about the cut roof but it's the first design I've seen like that :)

The last few minutes I've been having second thoughts about the V12, I think I'd sooner keep the original 5.6L Merc V8 due to the insane sound, might have a look at forced induction, I'm sure there is enough room for a small but effective supercharger that shouldn't sap too much engine power.

If someone builds one before me i'll just have to make mine more well built^^

it was inspired by "Speedster" type body styles like the slr stirling moss

I'll be putting turbos on the v8. since im a fan of turbo lag.

*full throttle* "hmm.. nothing is happening" *turbos spool up* "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!"

That's interesting! Will you just chop and weld, or will you do some engineering work as well? Reinforce the chassis to compensate for the roof etc?

I'll definately need to reinforce it^^

most of it will be a tube frame construction. and the humps behind the driver and passager will need to act as a roll bar.

hopefully i'll manage to remove as much flex as possible :P

I'll definately need to reinforce it^^

most of it will be a tube frame construction. and the humps behind the driver and passager will need to act as a roll bar.

hopefully i'll manage to remove as much flex as possible :P

Do a build log! :P Throw a media computer in there and call it a case mod :D

I'll be putting turbos on the v8. since im a fan of turbo lag.

*full throttle* "hmm.. nothing is happening" *turbos spool up* "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!"

Same here lol, an Evolution VI with a turbo you can get into spools up, like a damn warp drive :)

Do a build log! :P Throw a media computer in there and call it a case mod :D

Been thinking about building my own case for a while now^^ so if i do a build log it would probably be of that :P

Holden Colorado nice, is that a proper Holden or a rebadged Chevolet?

its a rebadged isuzu d-max

2009 Toyota Corolla. Manual (5 speed) 4 Cylinder 1.8L engine.

43MPG highway, 32 city.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

• 1 month later...

Really intresting thread sad to see it die.