ASUS Demonstrates New ROG 290X and 780Ti Matrix Feature: Memory Defroster For Extreme Overclocking

KakaoDj

I gotta hand it to Asus. They never disappoint on their ROG line of products.

True, but honestly i HATE the way the card looks. I like clean/straight lines.

That's so over the top. It's beautiful.

tumblr_m5qbdxtXKG1r3zat8.gif

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Damn. Thats insane. But why would you need this? like extreme overclocking ?

kinda pointless but still a good feature never the less.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Wow guys really? The frost at the back isn't nitrogen because the nitrogen doesn't even touch the back directly, it must be condensation that changes water particles from the air into the frost. The only way to make it effective is if they heater is extremely hot that melts the frost into water and then evaporates back into air again, but a heater that hot kinda ruins the point of the LNC. It might even damage other parts. Instead, they should work on a material that prevents the frost from forming, or even give the back a kind of mini heatsink that prevents the frost from touching the components.

Laptop: METABOX W230ST | Intel i7-4700MQ | 2x4GB Dual Channel Ram | NVIDIA GTX 765M 2GB | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Razer peripherals.

Desktop: Custom Desktop | Intel i5-2400 | 2x4GB Dual Channel G.Skill DDR3 | Gigabyte + XFX R9 280x CF| H61M-USB3-B3 | 1TB HDD

Because you are using LN2 to test or to compete in benchmarks doesnt mean that after that you throw the card in the garbage... so if you like to return home and play a game with that card or just power up your pc that doesnt have onboard graphics you need the card to be able to work without LN2 as well :P also you may want to sell the card.. who whould buy a naked card? well I suppose some people but having it fully autonomous will increase the market margin.

No atleast not pure HO2 (clean water) its not a good conductor... water from your kitchen fridge etc isnt though pure HO2 and has also some other stuff in it that make it a good conductor.

The problem with ice formed from the HO2 molecules taken from the atmosphere is not its conductivity its that some parts of the pcb (like resistors or capacitors) do not perform as they should in lower temperatures  and thus they affect the graphics card as a whole. 

Please don't mix H2O and HO2, they are different. H2O is water (2 hydrogen 1 oxygen) HO2 is hydroperoxl.

The frost should be pure water as it is condensed from the air, it isn't dirty because you aren't freezing water directly.

Laptop: METABOX W230ST | Intel i7-4700MQ | 2x4GB Dual Channel Ram | NVIDIA GTX 765M 2GB | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Razer peripherals.

Desktop: Custom Desktop | Intel i5-2400 | 2x4GB Dual Channel G.Skill DDR3 | Gigabyte + XFX R9 280x CF| H61M-USB3-B3 | 1TB HDD