MSI 3070 gaming x trio water-block on gaming z trio card?

apple sc0pes

I'm interested in custom water cooling my PC but can't find any water-blocks that are officially listed as being compatible with the MSI RTX 3070 gaming Z trio. I can however find ones that are listed as being compatible with the gaming X trio. Does anyone know if the gaming X trio water-block is compatible with the gaming Z trio card? 

Would possibly need pics of the bare card to know.  Probability is not very high.  Partially depends on what the difference is between the gaming x and gaming z.  The x was very well reviewed which leads me to suspect that the z is the same card but encheapened. How that was done would make a difference.  The height of the various parts is critical to that sort of thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Techpowerup usually have some good PCB pictures so you can compare but they only have the X trio and I cant find any PCB shots for the Z Trio

MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio Review - Circuit Board Analysis | TechPowerUp

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

11 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

Techpowerup usually have some good PCB pictures so you can compare but they only have the X trio and I cant find any PCB shots for the Z Trio

MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio Review - Circuit Board Analysis | TechPowerUp

That might possibly be enough as he has a z he can look at

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 3/14/2022 at 2:44 AM, apple sc0pes said:

I'm interested in custom water cooling my PC but can't find any water-blocks that are officially listed as being compatible with the MSI RTX 3070 gaming Z trio. I can however find ones that are listed as being compatible with the gaming X trio. Does anyone know if the gaming X trio water-block is compatible with the gaming Z trio card? 

I didn't realize the gaming z trio existed lol 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

• 2 weeks later...

I just emailed MSI and they confirmed that the pcb is the same across cards 

2790F81F-A49F-4D15-B2F0-34B9499196C5.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ethan_vank said:

I just emailed MSI and they confirmed that the pcb is the same across cards 

2790F81F-A49F-4D15-B2F0-34B9499196C5.jpeg

But the thing attaches to stuff ON the pcb. Spaces don’t matter but lack of spaces does.