Xbox Series S/X Controller right stick issues

lh99
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

extremely common on the series x/s controllers, elite series 2 controllers, and one s controllers(somewhat less). only thing you can do besides rma is expand the dead zone settings untill the drift is no longer an issue, depending on how bad it is, it might still be quite playable. ultimately i would send it in for rma as it is a defect on m$'s end, have to do the same for my elite series 2(second time..).

So I bought an Xbox Series S/X Controller for PC about three months ago. Worked perfectly fine until now, when i noticed that the right stick on it constantly "pushes to the left" even tough i dont touch it.. 

In the video below one can see that the Xbox Controller App displays it as constantly pushing to the left. And when i push it to the right it displays it as neutral. I already installed the newest software and tried to connect it with a cable instead of wireless. Doesn´t fix the issue. 

Any Ideas on solving the problem apart from sending it in under guarantee for repairs?

Thanks for any recommendations already

extremely common on the series x/s controllers, elite series 2 controllers, and one s controllers(somewhat less). only thing you can do besides rma is expand the dead zone settings untill the drift is no longer an issue, depending on how bad it is, it might still be quite playable. ultimately i would send it in for rma as it is a defect on m$'s end, have to do the same for my elite series 2(second time..).