Running your liquid cooler AIO 24X7!

Kelsey

Hi guys 馃 on my current PC (mid tower, intel I5, stock fan) I never shut it down (just sleeps after 1 hour).

The PC has been ON 24/7 for the last 10-11 years. Except for occasional reboots. Never had an issue.

The fans slow to a crawl when the PC goes to sleep

Now with a new build coming, I want an AIO. Can I use the same practice and leave it running all the time?

My dad works on electronic machines at IBM and says that most isses come while powering the machines on/off.

Will Hibernate be a better option? or no difference in regard to spinning the water cooler impeller?

Also, Why is the Hibernate option unavailable by default, when I see most comments online say it's better then sleep?

Thanks a bunch聽 -Kelsey

10 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Hi guys 馃 on my current PC (mid tower, intel I5, stock fan) I never shut it down (just sleeps after 1 hour).

The PC has been ON 24/7 for the last 10-11 years. Except for occasional reboots. Never had an issue.

The fans slow to a crawl when the PC goes to sleep

Now with a new build coming, I want an AIO. Can I use the same practice and leave it running all the time?

My dad works on electronic machines at IBM and says that most isses come while powering the machines on/off.

Will Hibernate be a better option? or no difference in regard to spinning the water cooler impeller?

Also, Why is the Hibernate option unavailable by default, when I see most comments online say it's better then sleep?

Thanks a bunch聽 -Kelsey

the on/off has a chances to spike the power. ya 247 should be fine.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

the on/off has a chances to spike the power. ya 247 should be fine.

Thanks, but even with an aio? does the impeller speed slow down?

2 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

well i guess depends on pump. i would think that if you do go in to sleep mode the it will slow down the pump as well. most mb now a days have a pump header. but even if it dose not slow down should be fine running it 247 anyway. slowing down a motor puts more load on the components then keeping it 247 at 12v/5v

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

It's more than likely a AIO pump will have a minimum RPM it can be set to so they it is always running. Just find out if the pump RPM is adjustable and what the minimum range is. Then adjust the fan/pump bios settings to your preference. I'm not sure if a AIO can run 10 years straight 24/7. It seems like some liquid has evaporated or the loop is not quite as full after a few years.

6 hours ago, Allyxxx said:

It's more than likely a AIO pump will have a minimum RPM it can be set to so they it is always running. Just find out if the pump RPM is adjustable and what the minimum range is. Then adjust the fan/pump bios settings to your preference. I'm not sure if a AIO can run 10 years straight 24/7. It seems like some liquid has evaporated or the loop is not quite as full after a few years.

Thank you! I guess I will need to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard and Artic.(ASUS and Artic),聽 to see what they recommend. I rarely get a response from OEM, my guess is that I am 1 in a million of "dumb" questions. lol