mrseal20

hello,

i have a very old dell laptop that i got from my uncle

specs

core i3 330m/m330 2.2ghz 2 core

4gb 2x2gb ddr3 

intel gma 3150

500gb hdd

i want to play some casual games on it(doesnt matter if the graphics look bad as long as story is pretty good)

some games i play right now are - crosscode,gta sa,virtua tennis 4(640x480),stardew valley

all i expect is mininum 30fps

any help/feedback will be appriciated

thanks 

e.PNG

Minetest with the Mineclone 5 mod. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

On 3/13/2022 at 12:31 PM, DarkGamerA said:

Check Out 

Assassins creed 1
,2,brohood , revelations, --->  BEST GAME STORY EVER (IN MY Opinion)
resident evil 4 and 5 
Minecraft (old version ) ,
far cry 2 
GTA san and vice city

i have tried minecraft(tlauncher) 1.16.5 and even on the lowest settings i barely get 30fps

anyway i will try other games 

thanks 😄

Old School runescape if you wanna go down a rabbit hole of gaming for a few years lol

-Healthcare IT Professional, Aspiring Security Analyst & Data Hoarder 🙂

A+/Net+/Sec+

Way of The Samurai games  - They should all run on the machine and they are a must have for every gamer!

Devil May Cry 3 - Slay them demons with the babes!

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy - You can object all you want,but the evidence says that those games are pretty good!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Deus Ex. Make sure to snoop around in every corner, open doors and vaults, read books and e-mails. Very replayable if you choose different options during dialogues.

FTL.

Super Meat Boy.

Fallout 1-2 (doubt that it can run 3), Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate.

StarCraft 1, The Lost Vikings, Rock N' Roll Racing (Free, go Blizzard -> Games -> Downloads -> Classic Games).

Worms Armageddon or anything later that is supported by win7.

Emulators for Nintendo, Sega, Sony -> the whole world of cult classic games of past gen consoles.

Basically any game that has 2D graphics (3D for early 2000s titles max, my guess) and hasn't been released in the past 5-7+ years, so it probably supports Windows 7.

Or use game streaming servece like Nvidia Now (free tier) - which enables you to run games from your steam library on Nvidia servers - requires good wired internet connection for best experience.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, AcidFuchsin said:

Deus Ex. Make sure to snoop around in every corner, open doors and vaults, read books and e-mails. Very replayable if you choose different options during dialogues.

Does the steam version work? If i remember correctly the GOG version is patched to run on modern systems but the steam version isn't.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:52 PM, rikitikitavi said:

Fallout 1-2 (doubt that it can run 3)

You might be able to run 3 on a lower resolution but ive never messed with 3 too much.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

Minecraft with Sodium Iris would be best.

Sodium is like Optifine in terms of optimisation but much better, Iris is for shaders. You could install Sodium as a single mod, but Iris Sodium's installer is easier.

Stardew Valley maybe?
Terraria maybe?
Plants Vs Zombies maybe?

Minesweeper
Tetris

Solitaire
Chess (online or local)
Cool maths games

Command and Conquer series from 1995 to Red Alert 3 (Don't touch or buy C&C 4 as its mostly shut down and is a EA money trap).

Sims 1-3

Older Need for Speed titles. (At most you will need to tweak things like smoke and shadows if things start to bog down.)

If you are into it Silent Hunter III and IV are solid games that should run with little to no tweaks in most cases.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."