Laptop For Casual Gaming/IT Work

Hello All! Long time LTT viewer, first time posting on the forum. I recently accepted a help desk technician position for a firm in Nebraska. My previous employer provided all equipment (phone, laptop, mobile hot-spot, peripherals, etc) however, my new employer is a BYOD environment. Looking for something that is a good balance of gaming power yet has good enough battery life and I/O for IT work. Interested to hear everyone's suggestions!

*Something with a ethernet port would be nice so I don't have to carry around dongles

Edited by MustBeTheWhiskey

32 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

It is highly dependent on what exactly your doing, IT is a VERY broad term, so it would help. 

It's a help desk position so relatively basic tasks I suppose. Resolve end user technical issues, install, maintain, and repair system hardware and software. Its a pretty broad position I know but that's the nature of help desk work

4 hours ago, MustBeTheWhiskey said:

It's a help desk position so relatively basic tasks I suppose. Resolve end user technical issues, install, maintain, and repair system hardware and software. Its a pretty broad position I know but that's the nature of help desk work

then pretty much any laptop thats somewhat decent would do. Go with one with a 3070ti if possible, not really a point in going higher. If thats out of budget, then you pretty much have to say what your budget is