Is it worth it right now?

I have an ASUS VG27AQL1A Zaku and the problem is, my GeForce GTX 1070 is too old to 'support' GSync compatible monitors. The 'support' is italic and bold is because, it works, however, I got no display on POST until the log screen, means I can't see the UEFI and my motherboard add-on speaker will sound off error that there's no display detected.

Taking a look at my local retail price lists, I'm looking at the Gigabyte's GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Vision, which is $1.45-1.5K (after reversing, it's about nearly US$1.1K), not sure if 3080 Vision might be in stock, I need the slight VRAM bump due to some hobby work.

I think a month or so, the 3070 series was $500 more, and the newly released 3050 was $800, it's now hovering $550-700.

Also my 1070 is the Founders Edition, I would like to retire it ASAP.

GPU prices are crashing. If you can handle the wait, wait. 
Turn off VRR on your monitor during boot, it should solve the beep and UEFI  problems.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

22 hours ago, OddOod said:

GPU prices are crashing. If you can handle the wait, wait. 
Turn off VRR on your monitor during boot, it should solve the beep and UEFI  problems.

I tried turning off Adaptive Sync, as well as downgrade the DP 1.2+HDR to D.P 1.1, the monitor will not be pick-up on boot. It's pretty much the 10 series doesn't support GSync compatible monitors on start until you get into Windows.

I'm planning to retire the 1070 in end of May, assuming the price continues to deflate.