Pc restarts when gaming

Go to solution Solved by Glenn.115,

I left my pc for exactly a year i am a bit late to respond i forgot that i posted this post after a year i started looking at it again to fix it and i found out it was my gpu (gigabyte 3080 waterforce) it has leak detection and i unplug the leak detection before i posted this thread. So i found out a year later that the leak detection connector pins maked contact again i dont know why i think because of vibrations (Because i unplug it but it is stuck between the pcb and waterblock).  so i pulled the connector down more and it is fixed 

Hello my pc restarts but gives black screen when i game for like 5 minutes when i use occt cpu test works fine mem test works to but when i use gpu test my pc crashes it gives kernelpower event in the logs i already switched the psu but doesnt work i have amd ryzen 9 5950x gigabyte 3080 waterforce wb samsung m.2 980 pro 1tb and 500 gb corsair 1000 watt Rmx and my temps dont get higher like 45° It seems like the pc restart but keeps the screen on black 1 time it restarted and it was a normal restart

2 hours ago, Glenn.115 said:

Hello my pc restarts but gives black screen when i game for like 5 minutes when i use occt cpu test works fine mem test works to but when i use gpu test my pc crashes it gives kernelpower event in the logs i already switched the gpu but doesnt work i have amd ryzen 9 5950x gigabyte 3080 waterforce wb samsung m.2 980 pro 1tb and 500 gb corsair 1000 watt Rmx and my temps dont get higher like 45° It seems like the pc restart but keeps the screen on black 1 time it restarted and it was a normal restart

What does event viewer-> windows logs -> system show. Any non information logs around the crash?

What happens after a CMOS clear via pulling the battery?

12 hours ago, Frizz said:

What does event viewer-> windows logs -> system show. Any non information logs around the crash?

What happens after a CMOS clear via pulling the battery?

It say kernel power 41 event 

Just now, Glenn.115 said:

I havent tried cmos clear yet

12 minutes ago, Glenn.115 said:

That's the only one? Darn

35 minutes ago, Frizz said:

That's the only one? Darn

Yes i see i said in my post i changed the gpu but i meant psu i changed the message

Just now, Glenn.115 said:

Yes i see i said in my post i changed the gpu but i meant psu i changed the message

It happend out of no where to i was gaming i went to sleep i woke up and wanted to play and it restarts

• 11 months later...

I left my pc for exactly a year i am a bit late to respond i forgot that i posted this post after a year i started looking at it again to fix it and i found out it was my gpu (gigabyte 3080 waterforce) it has leak detection and i unplug the leak detection before i posted this thread. So i found out a year later that the leak detection connector pins maked contact again i dont know why i think because of vibrations (Because i unplug it but it is stuck between the pcb and waterblock).  so i pulled the connector down more and it is fixed