Windows Initially works with flash drives but upon removing and reinserting and USB storage device, this happens.

YoFavRussian

I went to create an ISO image for a Windows install and upon plugging in multiple flash drive found that none of them are working. Upon further investigation Device Manager reports that there is a problem with "USB Mass Storage Device". If the flash drive is plugged into the PC before starting it will detect and work until unplugged and replugged. When this happens device manager will once again report that the device isn't working correctly. I've tried drivers from my motherboard manufacturer for the chipset and USB devices to no avail. My motherboard is a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5.

Note that this happened after not using the front headers for a long period of time but the same issue can be recreated on the back.

Something interesting to note would be that upon running a VM and moving USB devices from the host to the VM they work like they're supposed to.

I'm convinced it's a software problem and not a hardware problem because of this.

image.png.d94e556ae7ddefe0180d16d2a55ea190.png