Need help with gpu usage drops in CSGO

I feel like this might not be the best place to ask for help for a game, but a guy linked me here. Ok so, my gpu usage drops to about 30-60% randomly and makes my game lag terribly for a second, i usually get 140 fps on most maps with my poor gt650m, it drops to like 40 fps and i have no idea whats causing it. Doesn't matter what my settings are or my resolution, lowering my resolution obviously helps when gpu usage drops but who plays on 4:3 amirite? Anyway the cpu is a i5-3210m and usually sits on 50-80% on most maps while my gpu is always above 90

thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Cpu bottleneck.

how is it a cpu bottleneck when my gpu is 98 and my cpu is around 70? or did i confuse something

1 minute ago, The Evole tScorpion said:

how is it a cpu bottleneck when my gpu is 98 and my cpu is around 70? or did i confuse something

Without cpu bottleneck or thermal throttling the gpu runs over 95% usage all the time. That 10 year old mobile cpu is not exactly top of the line these days.

Cpu doesnt have to be at 100% to be a bottleneck. The game just has to use it very inefficiently for it to not keep up