104c memory temps on 3090

marcuzx

so my 3090 ftw3 is mining in my basement, extremely cold although the 3090 does a way better job at heating it than my heater +furnace combined rofl

anyways the temperature of the 3090 is 45-65c which is fairly decent but the memory temps are 104-110

everything is in the open, so basically there is no case, it’s just the motherboard, cpu, and gpu

i’m not using any fans or anything because I didn’t have a case big enough nor did I have a vga cable big enough to fit both a 3090 and a 6600xt therefore I left them out in the open

any suggestions on getting the memory temps to at least 90-95?

thermal pads, add some to the back vram

Ryzen 9 5950X Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 V2  MSI RX 6750XT Corsair HX1200 3xLL120 Fans 7xA12x25 Fans 5000D Airflow Vengeance RGB PRO 1.450 @ 4133MHz CPU Cooler: NH-U12A

EVGA cards don't really use the best thermal pads IIRC, so replacing them with some actually good thermal pads is a pretty good idea. If that doesn't work, ziptie a fan pointed directly at the backplate. 

• 3 months later...

https://kriticalpads.com/

FTW3 cards have unusual thermal pad thicknesses. You can get a custom pad set from that site, and they are better than most everything else.