- Missions and Rewards added to Nintendo Switch Online

Lightwreather

Forgive the rather advertising tone of the summary and quotes, it's rare that I solely use a primary source for these articles

Summary
Have you checked out the Nintendo Switch Online section on your Nintendo Switch system lately? With the recent update, you can now earn My Nintendo™ Platinum Points by using the Nintendo Switch Online service. You can then redeem your Platinum Points for exclusive rewards, including icon elements you can use to create a new look for your user icon!

NSO_home-menu-EN

Quotes

Visit the new Missions & Rewards section of the Nintendo Switch Online app on your Nintendo Switch System. You’ll find a list of missions you can complete simply by doing things you’re probably already doing with your Nintendo Switch Online membership, like playing online or trying out the library of classic games. Sound easy? It is!

After you’ve completed one of these missions, just head back to the Nintendo Switch Online app to collect your Platinum Points, which you can redeem for digital wallpapers, physical items from the My Nintendo Store, and new member-exclusive icon elements you can collect and put together to create a new user icon.

One of the new features in the latest update for the Nintendo Switch Online app is the ability to redeem Platinum Points for elements for your user icon. You can get frames, characters, or background elements to create your own user icon that can be seen by other Nintendo Switch players when you’re online. Each month will have a different theme and icon elements will be refreshed each week, so be sure to check the Nintendo Switch Online app on your Nintendo Switch system so you don’t miss any!

My thoughts

So, apparently nintendo is trying to implement a sort of daily login bonus thingamabob. Well, good for them. As for us, the effect is a little unclear. For one Nintendo is positioning this for Online users only. So, there's a bragging rights for them. I'm a bit more copncerned about, however, the effect this will have on screen time. This might also boost sales of certain games that Nintendo might promote with this feature. Well, at least it isn't NFTs.

Sources

Nintendo

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

have i become cynical?

my first thought reading this title was actually "great, more things to lose when nintendo arbitrarily stops supporting last-gen products".

'Member when you could exchange points for collectibles?

I' member

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

for those confused on the customizability part it's only for the user icon.

nothing else

no themes

the fuckin 3ds has so many themes that you can get (not including homebrew ones) it puts the switch to shame.

i'm actually glad that my online is expiring, i don't think i want to deal with this anymore.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

17 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

I' member

Pepperidge Farms Remembers.

FTFY

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

28 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Pepperidge Farms Remembers.

FTFY

Member berries > pepperidge farms

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

18 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

I' member

i've seen some of those posters sold in a trio go for over $100 lol

1 hour ago, Eaglerino said:

i've seen some of those posters sold in a trio go for over $100 lol

Damn, I have a nice stack of Nintendo memorabilia to sell then 😜

Good thing I've stopped caring about all things Nintendo too