Question about fan case mounting for positive pressure

Ionah

Hello, I have a Kendomen Ti case which comes with 2x120mm fan on the front and 2x120mm fan on the top and 1x120mm fan on the back. What I want is to have a positive pressure to keep the dust out of my case, as much as possible, and also lower the temps if I can. I have the fan from the back turned on and I want to know some thoughts about the fans from the top and front. I thought about using only the 2 vents from the front for intake and the one from back to exhaust or use 1 fan from the front and 1 from the top for intake and the one in the back for exhaust. Is any idea from above good for positive pressure? Which one do you think is better?

I use 3 fans for intake and 2 fans for outtake. You can take 2 fans in the front as intake a 1 fan on the top and intake and then 1 and from the top and the bad as outtake.

Just keep in mind that your GPU needs airflow too.

Don't overdo it with the top fans.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

If it were me I would leave 2 intakes in the front and the rest exhaust. If you are still having temp issues or dust issues I would recommend removing the drive cages or getting a new case with better airflow.  

36 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

If it were me I would leave 2 intakes in the front and the rest exhaust. If you are still having temp issues or dust issues I would recommend removing the drive cages or getting a new case with better airflow.  

58 minutes ago, MrBee420 said:

I use 3 fans for intake and 2 fans for outtake. You can take 2 fans in the front as intake a 1 fan on the top and intake and then 1 and from the top and the bad as outtake.

54 minutes ago, FliP0x said:

Just keep in mind that your GPU needs airflow too.

Don't overdo it with the top fans.

Could be a better idea to use 1 fan from the front and one from the top for intake? Instead of 2 from the front?

With more intake, like 2 front and 2 top will be a lower chance to get more dust than only 2 intake fans( 2 from the front or 1front&1top) ?

1 minute ago, Ionah said:

Could be a better idea to use 1 fan from the front and one from the top for intake? Instead of 2 from the front?

LTT made a video about it a while back, forgot what it was called.

Long story short: you want your airflow to go from front bottom to rear top. The intake has to be strong enough so that your GPU can get some air before the airflow rises to the too exhaust. That's why you shouldn't have too much top exhaust either to prevent the airflow instantly rising to the top, preventing your GPU from getting any air.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

Is this your case?

image.jpeg.8d7f3bca54dd9a6d243425c5c1cebcbe.jpeg

Will you be filling it up with HDD & SSD in those cages? If not, then hopefully you can remove the cages because they’re going to restrict airflow.

Also that top-front fan may be better mounted on the bottom of the case, as an intake for the GPU. So then you’ll have 3 x intake & 2 x exhaust.

But yeah, those drive cages are really working against your planned airflow.

& if you’re going to air cool your CPU, then those optical drive cages should really have a fan there also - so 3 x 120mm front fans would be ideal for an air cooled system (or 2 x 140mm that evenly spread air to the top & bottom halves of the case).

So it’s not the greatest case for airflow, especially if you fill up those optical/HDD/SSD cages, if that’s what you’re planning.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:09 PM, Ralfi said:

Is this your case?

image.jpeg.8d7f3bca54dd9a6d243425c5c1cebcbe.jpeg

Will you be filling it up with HDD & SSD in those cages? If not, then hopefully you can remove the cages because they’re going to restrict airflow.

Also that top-front fan may be better mounted on the bottom of the case, as an intake for the GPU. So then you’ll have 3 x intake & 2 x exhaust.

But yeah, those drive cages are really working against your planned airflow.

& if you’re going to air cool your CPU, then those optical drive cages should really have a fan there also - so 3 x 120mm front fans would be ideal for an air cooled system (or 2 x 140mm that evenly spread air to the top & bottom halves of the case).

So it’s not the greatest case for airflow, especially if you fill up those optical/HDD/SSD cages, if that’s what you’re planning.

Yes, this is exactly the case. As the picture show, I use 1 cage for SSD and 2 cages for HDD. Can't remove the cages though, even if I wouldn't use them.

So, you say I should use all the fans like: the 2 front fans as intake, on the top 1 fan for intake 1 for exhaust and the 1 from bottom as exhaust, right?