Dell monitor ips glow

winter_salary
10 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

It's not great, not awful.

I'd swap it for a 144Hz IPS nevertheless...

Is it possible to find an ips without this glow ?

29 minutes ago, winter_salary said:

With modern IPS there is actually chance to perhaps get a panel with less glow, but there still is some in possibly all cases. 

So up to you if you want to take another pick. But I'm not sure if the place you bought it from would offer a deal just because of this current monitors glow.

I edit my posts more often than not

All IPS displays will have some amount of IPS glow. (hence the name) Both the corner variety and the bluish hue the entire panel puts of when trying to display black.

The intensity of the blueish hue depends on the specific manufacturing of the panel while the corner yellow hue varies from unit to unit.

IPS glow does depend on ur viewing angle in relation to the corners of the display, the more acute the worse it looks.

If the yellowish glow doesnt change as u look from different angles then it is not IPS glow but rather BLB,

BLB is a manufacturing flaw that can sometimes be reduced with some DIY tinkering, adjusting the tightness of the screws that hold the panel into the enclosure.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

14 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

All IPS displays will have some amount of IPS glow. (hence the name) Both the corner variety and the bluish hue the entire panel puts of when trying to display black.

The intensity of the blueish hue depends on the specific manufacturing of the panel while the corner yellow hue varies from unit to unit.

IPS glow does depend on ur viewing angle in relation to the corners of the display, the more acute the worse it looks.

If the yellowish glow doesnt change as u look from different angles then it is not IPS glow but rather BLB,

BLB is a manufacturing flaw that can sometimes be reduced with some DIY tinkering, adjusting the tightness of the screws that hold the panel into the enclosure.

There are no dead pixels and there is minimal bleeding i barely notice it at one corner so at this price it is perfect , but damn this ips glowing bothers me so I cannot decide cuz if i replace it i could get a panel with excessive bleeding or dead pixels or even worse glowing

274323384_1134266027390904_1909416653983800953_n.jpg

1 hour ago, winter_salary said:

but damn this ips glowing bothers me

if it is indeed bothering you, then get it replaced.

While a pita, the worst that can happen is u get another bad panel and have to return it again.

Unfortunately this is the reality of modern LCD displays. Unless they are a panel that is known to be good, anything else is a gamble.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

only way to get rid ips glow is va monitors then have to deal with backlight bleed. finding one is quite hard. OLed is the only true answer but it has its issues too

On 2/26/2022 at 5:54 AM, winter_salary said:

I just got an dell s2421HN ips monitor and there is ips glow, is this normal or should i return it ?

Thanks

274140324_481156540397246_7546702132370400292_n.jpg

Honestly, you will probably have to deal with it. All IPS have this glow, some better, some worse. This isn't a particularly bad case of it so I'd just keep it. 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

On 3/1/2022 at 5:47 PM, Ryan829 said:

Honestly, you will probably have to deal with it. All IPS have this glow, some better, some worse. This isn't a particularly bad case of it so I'd just keep it. 

Thanks but I returned it but now I think to buy acer nitro vg240y or lg lg 24GN650

On 2/26/2022 at 1:07 PM, winter_salary said:

No, all IPS monitors suffer from IPS glow to some degree. Some are better, some are worse. But that's within unit to unit variance. Even 2 models of the same monitor can be completely different in that regard. And in my experience high or low-quality monitors don't impact this.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:48 AM, lost said:

only way to get rid ips glow is va monitors then have to deal with backlight bleed. finding one is quite hard. OLed is the only true answer but it has its issues too

EVERY backlit LCD monitor will also have backlight bleed to some degree. With IPS monitors you'll also have IPS glow on top. As soon as there is an always-on backlight, black uniformity will suffer. The only way to get rid of backlight bleeding or IPS glow is to get a FALD monitor that can just turn off dark areas or an OLED one, which doesn't have a backlight.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

The only way to get rid of backlight bleeding or IPS glow is to get a FALD monitor that can just turn off dark areas or an OLED one, which doesn't have a backlight.

People are forgetting that we had monitors with no backlight bleed 20 years ago. You can pick them up used now.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

if you have ips glow a good thing to do is turn the lights on. that will help quite abit

if you are looking for a dark room monitor hit up rtings.com they have reviews on pretty much everything.

10 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

People are forgetting that we had monitors with no backlight bleed 20 years ago. You can pick them up used now.

These are also tradeoffs. If you mean CRT's then sure, but image quality is a lot worse than most modern monitors even though there is no backlight bleed.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

My LG monitor, have much less than that, hell, seem to me like mine has 0 yellow glow, there is some white/maybe blue glow when I look at it from any angle that isnt straight on, especially if its from an angle that is above being straight on.

My monitor was plenty more expensive than that one tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

14 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

but image quality is a lot worse than most modern monitors even though there is no backlight bleed.

Not true, because It depends.

Everyone seems to complain about a little bit of BLB and or IPS glow, it is pretty common.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

9 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

Not true, because It depends.

Everyone seems to complain about a little bit of BLB and or IPS glow, it is pretty common.

I'd argue a modern IPS monitor makes up with plenty of advantages compared to CRT's when it comes to picture quality. Wider color gamut, more accurate, better viewing angles etc. BLB and IPS glow are tradeoffs, but i'd say the negative impact is much smaller than it's advantages.