Ethereum Mining

9 minutes ago, J stewart said:

what programs can I use to mine ethereum.

The easiest is probably nicehash. I have been using it for quite a while without major issues.

Just prepair to fight a bit with the virus software.

Edit. Although it mines Etherium you get paid in Bitcoin, so you will not get ETH by using it

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

There are mining pools ... the pages of such pool websites will link to recommended software. 

Pools basically works like this .. you and thousands of other people mine and when a coin is discovered, you get a percentage of the coin value proportional to the amount of work you put ... ex if  your card did 1% of the total work, you'll get a bit less than 1/100 of the ethereum created, minus a fixed percentage held by the mining pool for hooking everyone up and keeping the system working. 

Back when I was still mining, I used ethermine pool : https://ethermine.org/

-  click on start mining and you'll see there lists of recommended mining software 

You also need to tell them your wallet address so they can transfer the amount once you've hit the threshold ... you can create a wallet using various applications, I personally use Exodus : https://www.exodus.com/

When I mined, they paid once you reached 0.1 eth worth of mining , now it's probably lower amount, check the faq on their pages.

-> Moved to Folding@Home, Boinc and Coin Mining

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ethermine is my fav pool for mining ETH. For software I get the best speeds off using team red miner. If you have an Nvidia card I've heard trex miner is the best for those.

• 2 weeks later...

how many GPU's do you have?

when I started out, I used windows. you need to use something such as MEW (my ethereum wallet) to create a wallet. you then use a software such as NBminer (great if you have LHR card) in order to do the actual 'mining'. you'll insert your unique wallet ID as well as a few other key instructions into the command file for the miner. make sure to turn off virus protection cause it will get flagged, or at least whitelist it. 

takes a bit of time to get things set up but once going, needs very little if any maintenance

• 2 weeks later...

I use nicehash and its amazingly simplistic. I wouldn't use it for a large scale setup as the 7% or whatever they take would be significant if it was a proper operation.